• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who should start against UNC?

Starting QB, if both are healthy?

• Wolford

Votes: 34 22.1%
  • Hinton

Votes: 114 74.0%
  • LoBo

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
Well they are idiots then. A million dollars doesnt make you any smarter. But it could turn you into a smug asshole.

One of these two QBs is worth a damn. The other is a scappy guy who should be holding a clipboard at ECU.

Lets get real Les.

Check please for Brasky. Call it a night

Wolford limits turnovers?????? He has 1 more INT than Hinton in 25 less pass attempts this year.

The OL didn't have nearly the performance it did against FSU.

The OL didn't have nearly the performance it did against FSU.

I think BC's front is more physical than the Noles. Still after the FSU game would've liked to have seen the o-line show a little bit better yesterday. We even had some depth with Anderson back, but we got manhandled up front.

With as good as our defense is, and our punter, need to minimize turnovers at all costs. Thus, wolford. Similarly Colburn is our best back as a runner but for the same turnover reason he is a crap shoot for this team...two fumbles today but one bounced right back to him. I am thrilled to have hinton on this team, he is electric as a runner and does a better job of looking downfield...but we cant have turnovers.

i had been wanting to point this out. i see how hinton takes pressure off the line and gives us more options, but it's at the expense of ball security and completion %.

i had been wanting to point this out. i see how hinton takes pressure off the line and gives us more options, but it's at the expense of ball security and completion %.

As Chris pointed out above Wolford has one more pick than Hinton in 25 fewer attempts and I'd like to see the completion percentages updated through yesterday. Not sure it comes at much expense really.

Take away the cupcake game against Elon, Wolford's stats: 44-76 (57.9%), 498 yards, 1 TD, 5 INTs.

there is one other huge intangible in wolfords favor: experience.

both are good quarterbcks for their age/experience though.

I think BC's front is more physical than the Noles. Still after the FSU game would've liked to have seen the o-line show a little bit better yesterday. We even had some depth with Anderson back, but we got manhandled up front.
Didn't have more depth as Dylan Intemann was in street clothes and not playing. I don't know why yet, but will dig in Tuesday.

I would say Hinton @ 100% > Wolford @ 100%, but Wolfford @ 80% > Hinton @ 80% due to the nature of their games, and obviously if one is significantly healthier, he should start. The starter this week will most likely be a health issue like yesterday. Hope Hinton heals up quickly.

Best analysis I've seen so far.

Actually who ever is closer to 100% physically

And really the hope of everyone should be that both get back to 100% fast. There's still three more games until a bye week and the Deacs are probably just one QB hit away from having to burn Kyle Kearns' redshirt, which isn't a good scenario for anyone.

And really the hope of everyone should be that both get back to 100% fast. There's still three more games until a bye week and the Deacs are probably just one QB hit away from having to burn Kyle Kearns' redshirt, which isn't a good scenario for anyone.

This is important.

How our QBs have largely avoided taking sacks and big hits with a bad OL is fairly remarkable. Our coaches deserve a lot of credit for that.

We saw what happened when we tried a few quick outs and screens against a great D. They were immediately blown up for big losses. I don't know if Wolford has the accuracy for quick slants, and when Serigne is doubled or chipped we don't have much of a safety valve.

I think the playbook looks a lot different against UNC though. Hopefully Hinton heals up and can take some snaps again next week.

Didn't have more depth as Dylan Intemann was in street clothes and not playing. I don't know why yet, but will dig in Tuesday.

The Journal says he sustained a concussion in practice last Wednesday...

Yes, he's thrown quite a few of those over the last 1.5 seasons. It's a problem.

Not referring to tipped at LOS which would be on Wolford but tipped or bounced off of our WR hands which is on the WR. Fortunately our receivers have been showing much better hands of late.

Check please for Brasky. Call it a night

True. I was super salty last night because Fuck Mexico. I also don't buy into the Clawson Worship, yet. Any sane person starts Hinton if he's remotely healthy.

Completion % doesn't mean shit when you get to the opponents 35 and the next thing you know it's 3rd and 16.

Pretty sure 2 or 3 of wolfords picks were on tipped balls. Could be wrong though.

Yes bc he is short and can barely see in the pocket. That is not changing.

Back