• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who should start at Quarterback against Virginia Tech?

Who should be the starting Quarterback in two weeks against Clemson?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I bet everyone in this thread calling for Kern to play must feel pretty foolish right now.
I seriously can’t remember another game in the last 7 years where we had less than 250 total yards. I honestly can’t remember one where we had less than 300.

Mitch starts. Is on a short leash. The reality is all our QB eggs are in Mitch's basket for the next year, maybe next two years. We essentially have no QB room. We should get to see what Kern can do, up to this point not enough to play any significant snaps, either by performance or injury. You need to trat Mitch with some confidence as our guy because he is by default. With this said Kern needs to stay lose and ready if and when Mitch falters. Might be first quarter. Clawson has never shown an inclination to play his back-up QBs at all. Where we are, this needs to change. We also have not recruited or retained back-ups outside Kern's unquestioned loyalty. I had once thought Kern might be our guy , but it hasn't turned out that way. He will, or should, have his chance sooner rather than later. How soon can the kid from Georgia get here?

Mitch starts. Is on a short leash. The reality is all our QB eggs are in Mitch's basket for the next year, maybe next two years. We essentially have no QB room. We should get to see what Kern can do, up to this point not enough to play any significant snaps, either by performance or injury. You need to trat Mitch with some confidence as our guy because he is by default. With this said Kern needs to stay lose and ready if and when Mitch falters. Might be first quarter. Clawson has never shown an inclination to play his back-up QBs at all. Where we are, this needs to change. We also have not recruited or retained back-ups outside Kern's unquestioned loyalty. I had once thought Kern might be our guy , but it hasn't turned out that way. He will, or should, have his chance sooner rather than later. How soon can the kid from Georgia get here?
I get what you're saying but we need more than one kid from Georgia. That's how we got into this current mess! We need 2-3 legitimate college QBs in the pipeline and that's extremely difficult at Wake and even more so given NIL. I'm not saying the sky is falling but I think our offense is in a more precarious place than many want to believe. Hence defections if the blind loyalty to Griffis continues.

Guys, I think the issue is that noone told Mitch that he is supposed to throw the ball to open receivers instead of into coverage or out the back of the end zone. I think if we are able to get that message to him, then people are going to forget all about Steve Hartman.

Back