• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who should start at Quarterback against Virginia Tech?

Who should be the starting Quarterback in two weeks against Clemson?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Remember, Clawson is our coach. So, quite possibly… DEATH

Well then he should learn from Saban with Milroe or Belicheck with Mac Jones. Both guys were benched for a game to see what the team had on the bench.

Stop with all that common sense BS! Sir, it has no place here.

:)

... in all seriousness. I've NEVER understood why Wake coaches have been traditionally SO conservative. Of all programs, it seems ours makes the most sense to roll the dice. We don't shoot the coach's dog or put his house up for sale after a loss. I remember Mackovic threw caution to the wind in 1979 and it worked out well. Almost need that mentality at Wake. Especially in football.

Pretty big gap between the good and the bad there. And a giant gap between the good and us

Lol wow, at least we're playing the third worst QB on that chart next 😅

1. Playcalling/scheme needs to be tweaked from Sam/Jamie style offense to get the ball out quick.

2. I'm afraid Mitch looks awesome in practice, but can't get it to translate to gameday.

3. If protection is a problem, then the taller faster Kern might be the answer.

Start Mitch against Clemson. If he has another half that is abysmal, pull the plug at halftime.

What if we put a shock collar on the quarterback, whoever it is, and if he doesn't throw the ball in three seconds, one of the assistant coaches shocks him ? I don't know if the NCAA would allow it, but I've seen coaches scream at players on the sidelines and grab them by the facemask, so why would that be any worse ?

1. Playcalling/scheme needs to be tweaked from Sam/Jamie style offense to get the ball out quick.

2. I'm afraid Mitch looks awesome in practice, but can't get it to translate to gameday.

3. If protection is a problem, then the taller faster Kern might be the answer.

Start Mitch against Clemson. If he has another half that is abysmal, pull the plug at halftime.

Our quarterbacks have always gotten the ball out quick. On plays they haven't, they've stepped up in the pocket and run. If they do neither, they almost always get sacked because our offensive line can't hold up. Griffis consistently holds onto the ball in the pocket significantly longer than our previous QBs, it's obviously apparent to the naked eye.

There are cuts of our offense in games over the years and you can see how quickly Hartman got rid of the ball -- almost always under 2 seconds. One thing people criticized about Newman was that he would hold onto the ball longer than Hartman (or Wolford) and opt to run more, but even then check out Newman's first ever start (against a good defense) and how fast he got rid of the ball. Basically, protection issues when our QB is in the pocket the ball for 3+ seconds is not a new thing.

Here's another Hartman cut from last year just for shits:

We're going to get killed at Clemson. I know, insightful, right?

Back