• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who will be our QB in 2024? or Hank Bachmeier (BSU/LT) is a Deac!

Happy to hear that. He sounds like Tebow in that announcement.

How much does having Kern come back reduce Clawson's desire to allocate resources to pulling a portal QB in? We've seen Dave's loyalty to certain personnel... just asking the question if he will have any interest in "betraying" Kern by actively seeking an external QB1.

for anyone interested, here are the highlights from the state playoff game that hecklinski (#12 in white) played in this weekend:

Last edited:
How much does having Kern come back reduce Clawson's desire to allocate resources to pulling a portal QB in? We've seen Dave's loyalty to certain personnel... just asking the question if he will have any interest in "betraying" Kern by actively seeking an external QB1.

For whatever reason, it seems like Kern isn't one of DC's favorites so I wouldn't worry about that. I think Kern knows that they're going to still seek another QB in portal and he'll have to earn job. I think he just enjoys the WF experience- he's not necessarily coming back with the guarantee that he'll be QB1.

Clawson is 100% bringing a portal guy in if the $$$ is there. Not much of a question about that IMO

So next season:
Kern
Gilliam
Hecklinski
Walkon?
Incoming transfer?

Marucci?
Griffis?

Clawson is 100% bringing a portal guy in if the $$$ is there. Not much of a question about that IMO
I hope so, and I won't pretend to know how Clawson thinks at all... just questioning the difference in bringing in a guy that absolutely will be QB1 (i.e. that Wash St. kid as one end of the spectrum) vs. someone that is seemingly decent albeit unproven whom Kern can compete against, and how that might all be perceived.

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit, maybe he received a sweetheart NIL deal or Clawson’s daughter’s hand in marriage. He’s a bigger man than me to give Clawson another shot, after hearing all season how Griffis was the best thing we had at QB by far.

I hope so, and I won't pretend to know how Clawson thinks at all... just questioning the difference in bringing in a guy that absolutely will be QB1 (i.e. that Wash St. kid as one end of the spectrum) vs. someone that is seemingly decent albeit unproven whom Kern can compete against, and how that might all be perceived.

As said on previous threads, I don't think we have the money to poach a guy who is absolutely going to be QB1 regardless. I bet it will be someone from a high G5 team that wants to play in ACC but will have to earn the job. I don't see DC giving anyone QB1 no questions asked after this past season's debacle.

Back