• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why I don't respect this board

Hey DV7, check out my post on the $400 million lottery thread. You will particularly enjoy how I chose to spend my cash.

When is that drawing? That's a lot of ceesh and might be worth me wasting $2 on pretending I'm going to win.

Idk, I think tomorrow. Cross your fingers and get your speech ready.

Fuck that. If I win that much money I'm telling like 6 people.

I think the legend of Daniel Green is pretty funny, and reasonably good natured, though I can't recall the origin of it.

You do realize that the sarcasm on that thread is about the "legend of Daniel Green" created by Bzzz and his apologists and not anything against Daniel himself?[/QUOTE

The thread alone is an insult to Daniel.

There's no value in it.

No, but people did say that his loss was a massive hit to our chances last year.

So the jokes were just making fun of the people thinking that a player with basically walk-on ACC talent was any sort of loss to the team last season aside from 5 more fouls to give and hustle. But, "the crowd loves a trier" as a great coach once said.

People? Massive loss seems a bit extreme considering our chances never seemed very great to begin with. Not sure how anyone could think that or if "people" really did. And for the record, we weren't Daniel's only ACC offer. So he was good enough to be on an ACC team even if we did not offer.

MTOW: Jeff [Redacted] is 25-47 at Wake Forest, and has yet to give the fans a victory that they could revel in as a breakthrough accomplishment.

RW: I don’t know how you define great wins. And I will agree with you there hasn’t been a benchmark win. We haven’t beaten UNC or Duke or a team like that. But what I’m looking for is progress and improvement. I’ve seen that. I see what Jeff is doing in response to what he was asked to do. And he’s doing that. He was asked to build a culture that would be sustainable through a season and over many, many years. That means bringing the right people in, having the right approach with those individuals, improving throughout the year and year after year. This is Jeff’s first full recruiting class. If you look at the first class, Chase (Fischer) is the only one left right now. Daniel Green had made an awful lot of improvement, and had the tragic knee injury at the beginning of the season. We felt like Daniel was going to play a prominent role for us this year if it hadn’t been for the injury. And Jeff’s said he worked harder than maybe anybody he has seen and been associated with. So that was harmful to the team.

^Yep, and I heard Bzzzz say the same on his radio show several times. I was once riding with my brother home from work and we were joking about the "legend of Daniel Green" listening to his show last year.

Last edited:
I just love how many of you can't stand some of the same medicine you serve up. Deny all you want. Many of you have shown how small you really are by making fun of a student athlete who is trying all he can to help his team. And no, I'm not a family member.

BOT, Hatch, Wellman and Bzz have done a far greater disservice to Daniel and the other players on the team than some message board ever could.

Ehhhhh I kind of see his point here...

Putting up billboards that slam a coach and the AD and all that stuff - we really suck, so it happens. Fans are going to be fans, and it speaks to how much people care about Wake even when it's ugly. But those guys are getting paid millions.

Historically there's been some back-and-forth on this board when player critiques get personal. And that's actually based on poor play or a lack of effort (or at least perceived effort) fans see on the floor. Daniel's done nothing but rehab and by all reports work his ass off to be able to play for Wake, and from personal experience the grind of coming back from surgery is simply miserable. I can't imagine how deflating it has to be for him to still be fighting it with another season in question.

I get that [Redacted] invoking Green to explain why Cav had to play the 5 and saying it threw off our rotation is mock-worthy since he did the recruiting and any way you slice it we were going to be razor thin inside. We all know he was lucky as hell Devin didn't foul more. I'd much prefer he just say "we're not deep enough in the front court and that's my responsibility" and leave it at that.

The constant mocking of Daniel, hang it, all-ACC, savior talk - all that bullshit... It's pretty pathetic and completely unfair to the kid. It puts him in a no-win situation because when/if he does come back and puts up 4 points in 15 minutes his first game, he'll be tied to the [Redacted] hate as the board continues trying to mock our way to a new coach.

The administration and coaching staff is embarrassing the school enough at this point. No need for the fanbase to do the same.

Ehhhhh I kind of see his point here...

Putting up billboards that slam a coach and the AD and all that stuff - we really suck, so it happens. Fans are going to be fans, and it speaks to how much people care about Wake even when it's ugly. But those guys are getting paid millions.

Historically there's been some back-and-forth on this board when player critiques get personal. And that's actually based on poor play or a lack of effort (or at least perceived effort) fans see on the floor. Daniel's done nothing but rehab and by all reports work his ass off to be able to play for Wake, and from personal experience the grind of coming back from surgery is simply miserable. I can't imagine how deflating it has to be for him to still be fighting it with another season in question.

I get that [Redacted] invoking Green to explain why Cav had to play the 5 and saying it threw off our rotation is mock-worthy since he did the recruiting and any way you slice it we were going to be razor thin inside. We all know he was lucky as hell Devin didn't foul more. I'd much prefer he just say "we're not deep enough in the front court and that's my responsibility" and leave it at that.

The constant mocking of Daniel, hang it, all-ACC, savior talk - all that bullshit... It's pretty pathetic and completely unfair to the kid. It puts him in a no-win situation because when/if he does come back and puts up 4 points in 15 minutes his first game, he'll be tied to the [Redacted] hate as the board continues trying to mock our way to a new coach.

The administration and coaching staff is embarrassing the school enough at this point. No need for the fanbase to do the same.
+1

BOT, Hatch, Wellman and Bzz have done a far greater disservice to Daniel and the other players on the team than some message board ever could.

So that makes it alright for internet pussies to slam a kid who has worked his butt off to be a Deac?

How would you feel if people slammed your kids? Or you to your bosses?

It's perfectly OK to slam [Redacted]. The attacks on Daniel or using him as a stand-in for the coach and AD are wrong, cowardly and classless.

So that makes it alright for internet pussies to slam a kid who has worked his butt off to be a Deac?

How would you feel if people slammed your kids? Or you to your bosses?

It's perfectly OK to slam [Redacted]. The attacks on Daniel or using him as a stand-in for the coach and AD are wrong, cowardly and classless.

I made no comment on the op. If you want one here it goes. Mocking the 18 - 20 year old kids that came to play for wake and are doing everything they are asked is pretty sh!tty. This particular joke is a low blow to green. These jokes are the "lunatic fringe" of the I hate Ron wellman and he should be fired group (which is of course most of us).

However, I still blame bzz and wellman for sitting the unsuccessful season squarely on Daniel's shoulders by claiming his injury really hurt the season. That was far more shameful since they made those statements to deflect blame and as a part of their larger ongoing campaign of covering their asses and lies to defame many of the players over the last few years.

I think DCDeac is largely right, but I also don't get the OP. Who respects a message board. I respect a handful of posters and I respect that we can speak our minds freely here but I wouldn't say I respect OGBoards. We aren't the NYTimes or anything, just a bunch of monkeys hammering at keyboards.

[Redacted] continuously throws players under the bus, either for "not doing what he tells them" or for being thugs, etc, why should this board be held to a higher standard when [Redacted] is held to no standard at all?

TBR, so we should screw people who did nothing wrong just because [Redacted] did it? What utter BS!

Calm down. When have you ever seen me talk bad about current or former players?

But you are justifying reprehensible acts of others. There is no justification for their actions.

"You don't got to like it but you've got to respect it because its the best thing going today"

ric-flair.jpg

Back