• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why is this considered a non-story?

You're linking USA Today to say something is considered a non-story?

it's an opinion piece complaining about the non-story.

I don't often say this but I do think this particular case is one where some liberal media bias may be going on. It is lurid, bloody, sensational, and all the other things that generally lead to a media frenzy. I can't figure out why it is not getting sensationalized like other mass murder cases, except that in this case the accused murderer is an abortion provider.

The Daily Mail has been all over this story for at least a week.

first i've heard of this and it sounds like a horror movie. That's some of the grossest shit i've ever heard.

Last edited:
first i've heard of this and it sounds like an horror movie.

That is precisely the point! Why is this heinousness not plastered all over the news?

One writer did say that the Doctor was an elegant man. Really? A heartless butcher is an elegant man? With that kind of thinking, I suppose it is fairly clear why this is not being publicized.

The Daily Mail has been all over this story for at least a week.

I heard about it on NPR at least a week ago.

I know it was an opinion column. It's still in a national news source. What stories are the networks focusing on nowadays? I've been pretty out of the loop aside from what I've heard on NPR while on the road the last week.

Ok, why hasn't Faux Jazeera been all over this?

I know it was an opinion column. It's still in a national news source. What stories are the networks focusing on nowadays? I've been pretty out of the loop aside from what I've heard on NPR while on the road the last week.

Meaningless stuff like guns.

I don't often say this but I do think this particular case is one where some liberal media bias may be going on. It is lurid, bloody, sensational, and all the other things that generally lead to a media frenzy. I can't figure out why it is not getting sensationalized like other mass murder cases, except that in this case the accused murderer is an abortion provider.

i AM liberal, and even i think it's liberal media bias. i can't believe all of the major news networks are completely ignoring it. it's truly awful.

Korea has been the top story pretty much every day.

I find it ironic that Fox's website, while not including this among any of its major stories that I could see, does include an article blasting other networks for not covering it. Pretty terrible story, that is obviously unsettling.

http://www.foxnews.com/

NPR had a story on this place months ago, as in right when the trial started

This and what DeacHoops said. I'm a liberal typically but my leeway on abortion is quite, quite thin. As graphically horrifying as these stories are, all I can figure is that people (media) put their head in the sand or decide that casting a negative light on issues such as abortion isn't worth the risk. This underscores exactly why it should be.

I consider myself pretty desensitized, but I couldn't even make it through the first few paragraphs. Ugh.

Sheeeeeeeeet, I thought this was going to be about that Elon baseball player, you know the one.

I think the big things that it's missing in terms of mass media appeal are the interviews with grieving family and the adorable pictures of victims. The only pictures in the stories are of Gosnell's ugly face.

Back