• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why is this considered a non-story?

I consider myself pretty desensitized, but I couldn't even make it through the first few paragraphs. Ugh.

This answers mebane's question.

Are you suggesting that the greater portion of popular media has ignored this story because it wishes to protect us from being traumatized?

No, because like most businesses, they're looking to hold on to their customers. If they don't think they'll make any money doing something, they won't do it.

At some point, people don't want to see wall-to-wall coverage of aborted babies being mutilated.

No, because like most businesses, they're looking to hold on to their customers. If they don't think they'll make any money doing something, they won't do it.

At some point, people don't want to see wall-to-wall coverage of aborted babies being mutilated.

but we all sat glued to the tv after the sandy hook shootings. so it's not like unpleasant topics are really a huge turn-off. and it's not like they have to show actual bodies of aborted babies in order to talk about the topic.

That does not explain the absence of coverage. You can cover the story without the photos. Besides since when did the American public turn away from violence and gore? The reason goes deeper.

And, as disturbing as the story is the public needs to be aware. Ignoring the story is utterly inexcusable!!

That does not explain the absence of coverage. You can cover the story without the photos. Besides since when did the American public turn away from violence and gore? The reason goes deeper.

When it's real and deals with babies. I didn't even realize there were photos. The text is enough.

I know you want to think it's a huge conspiracy, but just think if covering this story is going to make money.

When it's real and deals with babies. I didn't even realize there were photos. The text is enough.

I know you want to think it's a huge conspiracy, but just think if covering this story is going to make money.

And you want to think there is something noble about ignoring it!

Where did I say that? I'm one of the last people here who thinks making decisions solely by the bottom line is noble. I'm also pro-life. I'm just telling you how it is to knock you out of your conspiracy bubble.

I do believe it is a conspiracy but not collusion. The conspiracy relates to protecting a particular point of view from criticism. However there should be no protection from this barbarism. There is no excuse for not making this known. None.

I am defining conspiracy in this way:
any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

This is an extreme case of abuse by one sadomasochistic man coming to light while abortion has once again become a hot button issue in American culture. You tell me why they are not covering it.

I do believe it is a conspiracy but not collusion. The conspiracy relates to protecting a particular point of view from criticism. However there should be no protection from this barbarism. There is no excuse for not making this known. None.

There isn't. I heard about well before this and others have too. Any protection is you protecting yourself.

How do you generally get your news?

There isn't. I heard about well before this and others have too. Any protection is you protecting yourself.

How do you generally get your news?

Come on, just read this thread. There are folk on here who were unfamiliar with the story. And I dare say that they are well-informed people. Read the opinion piece the purpose of which is to bring into the fore a story that has been substantially hidden.

I am not going to continue debating this with you. The facts stand. But regardless the story itself is factual and disgusting. And who is to say that it is completely isolated? Could there be other, similar operations in other places? These are valid questions which are more likely to answered the more well-publicized the story becomes.

Come on, just read this thread. There are folk on here who were unfamiliar with the story. And I dare say that they are well-informed people. Read the opinion piece the purpose of which is to bring into the fore a story that has been substantially hidden.

I am not going to continue debating this with you. The facts stand. But regardless the story itself is factual and disgusting. And who is to say that it is completely isolated? Could there be other, similar operations in other places? These are valid questions which are more likely to answered the more well-publicized the story becomes.

You've done your good deed for today and helped publicize this story.

Why do you think Fox News wants to protect this particular point of view from criticism?

Why do you think Fox News wants to protect this particular point of view from criticism?

Because everyone knows that Murdoch owns abortion clinics all over the world.

does that satisfy?

I could care less about Fox News. I do care about this story. And I am concerned about those who know about it and are not concerned!

Last edited:
Because everyone knows that Murdoch owns abortion clinics all over the world.

does that satisfy?

I could care less about Fox News. I do care about this story. And I am concerned about those who know about it and are not concerned!

Why are you so concerned about this story? Isolated singular acts that you are going to use to further justify a preformed opinion?

Why are you so concerned about this story? Isolated singular acts that you are going to use to further justify a preformed opinion?

And who is to say that it is completely isolated? Could there be other, similar operations in other places? These are valid questions which are more likely to answered the more well-publicized the story becomes.

Why aren't you concerned? Because it is only 6 dead babies and 1 dead mother? What would it require to alarm you? Would 20 dead babies do it? How about 10 dead mothers? Or is it that you don't care?

Back