• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why is this considered a non-story?

Why are you so concerned about this story? Isolated singular acts that you are going to use to further justify a preformed opinion?

Exactly. There are better ways to argue against abortion than focusing on one sadist.

I could care less about Fox News. I do care about this story. And I am concerned about those who know about it and are not concerned!

Okay! You've got me. I read it. It's gross and I'm concerned. What do you want me to do now? What are you going to do about it anyway? Come to a sports message board and complain about not enough people knowing about it? Preach about it? Spare me the outrage.

There is a reason you are jumping on this story and putting it front and center, and you very well know that reason. You want to use this as a springboard for your opinions and arguments against abortion. Tragedy strikes around the world daily are you just as outraged over all of that. Even specific to your outrage here it is well documented that females that become pregnant in North Korean labor camps have labor induced and the babies immediately killed by strangulation upon delivery. Other things that have happened that aren't setting off the concern button; the bus that flipped and killed 2 and injured dozens, what about Syria 1000's of civilians killed, serbian gunman who killed 13 etc...

Leaving abortion out of it, if any of the dead mothers had been pretty blond girls, or had any money or a famous relative, this would be getting more coverage. #realtalk

Why aren't you concerned? Because it is only 6 dead babies and 1 dead mother? What would it require to alarm you? Would 20 dead babies do it? How about 10 dead mothers? Or is it that you don't care?

The guy is in custody and on trial? Where is there need for outrage? That he is not at Gitmo?

Okay! You've got me. I read it. It's gross and I'm concerned. What do you want me to do now? What are you going to do about it anyway? Come to a sports message board and complain about not enough people knowing about it? Preach about it? Spare me the outrage.

You figure out if you should do something. You have the freedom to do nothing or do something. Do what you want to do? Sounds like you would prefer to remain unmoved and uninvolved. So be it. I am seeking to do something. At least a few more folk are aware now and perhaps one or two are genuinely concerned?

This case is sickening no matter what side of the debate you're on. You need only be human to be disgusted.

That said, using this case to sway opinion one way or another is no different than using mass shootings to affect opinions about guns or any other politically explosive story/issue.

You figure out if you should do something. You have the freedom to do nothing or do something. Do what you want to do? Sounds like you would prefer to remain unmoved and uninvolved. So be it. I am seeking to do something. At least a few more folk are aware now and perhaps one or two are genuinely concerned?

You call complaining about media coverage on a message board that a few dozen people are going to see doing something about it? Pat yourself on the back.

There is a reason you are jumping on this story and putting it front and center, and you very well know that reason. You want to use this as a springboard for your opinions and arguments against abortion. Tragedy strikes around the world daily are you just as outraged over all of that. Even specific to your outrage here it is well documented that females that become pregnant in North Korean labor camps have labor induced and the babies immediately killed by strangulation upon delivery. Other things that have happened that aren't setting off the concern button; the bus that flipped and killed 2 and injured dozens, what about Syria 1000's of civilians killed, serbian gunman who killed 13 etc...

I have not mentioned "abortion". Perhaps it is your conscience that is the springboard.

You realize that the more a cable news channel covers a story the more of a nonstory it is, right?

I am perfect content with the United States stance on Abortion. I am also content with the trial and most likely conviction of these horrible people. What is the end game of this awareness? Everyone should be aware that there are horrible people out there, and when they do horrible things they will be arrested, tried, and convicted? Im still confused about what I am suppose to be concerned about?

Send this story to ten of your friends or you will have bad luck for five years.

if the only things that were ever posted on this board were things where action was required, there would be far less to talk about. most of what we talk about is just current events, not some sort of call to action. why is it such a bad thing that mebane posted something that we can't necessarily do anything about?

Probably because that wasn't mebane's mode of discussing the news?

Back