• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why is this considered a non-story?

See as pointed out earlier hidden agenda that was not so hidden and called on it. Also if you can't feel pain you arent human yet lets go with that so you have until week 12, also if you find someone with CIPA they are free game too no what their age because they are mutants I tell you, freaky mutants.

Part of what can be done is to create public pressure upon legislators and law enforcement officials to deal decisively with such atrocities and not to allow them to continue for 17 years. Part of that pressure comes from and should come from news organizations who report the facts for all to see. The Civil Rights movement was a movement of people who pressured the media to report what was actually happening which in turn aroused the people to pressure government officials to act. Thus change occurred, eventually.

I do not agree that ordinary folk cannot make a difference in this kind of evil. But they have to know about it. That is the job of media and media (at least the major media outlets) have largely failed. What is astounding is that people are saying that it is OK that they failed. That reflects ambivalence about evil at best and at worst a measure of acquiescence.

Absolutely. Did that occur in this case?

According to Ms Williams abortion is killing babies. What the "Doctor" did is the most egregious form of what happens thousands of times a day in abortion clinics: babies die excruciating deaths.

My point is that the mainline media has largely buried the story because they don't want those dots connected. More basically however as a culture we have embraced killing babies as acceptable. We don't want to be confronted with that reality. Even for most who have posted here, it is not a big deal. It is a political argument or position. This story makes it more about real "human" life and thus it is disturbing. But that's what abortion is about: it is about killing babies.

Ms. Williams has clarified the issue. The question is whether or not it is ever right to do what Dr. Grosnell did?

More people die on the streets and in squalor because they can't afford basic necessities every day than get aborted every year. But you and the other Charlie Churchies are more worried about your Heaven Merit Badges so you picket the abortion clinics instead of helping out at a fucking soup kitchen. Good job, good effort.

More people die on the streets and in squalor because they can't afford basic necessities every day than get aborted every year. But you and the other Charlie Churchies are more worried about your Heaven Merit Badges so you picket the abortion clinics instead of helping out at a fucking soup kitchen. Good job, good effort.

In slightly different words, this is pretty much how I feel.
This IS a story because it's pretty sensational/extreme/shocking... there's plenty more tragedy on a much larger scale that's basically ignored every day.

30 week old fetus murdered = OUTRAGEOUS! SICKENING! DISGUSTING!
20 week old fetus aborted = the right of the mother

We have such a large disconnect in this country. Very similar to our country being founded on the principle of every man being endowed with inalienable rights while at the same time condoning slavery. I too rarely cry liberal media bias (in fact I don't think I have ever made that statement)...but it seems pretty clear an agenda is being protected. You can't excuse the non-coverage by saying it is too gruesome when just a few hours ago national news networks were showing almost live footage of people's limbs being blown off their bodies. This is a huge story, and it is being swept under the rug.

Alex Trebec will take falsehoods for 1.2 million on this post. We abort over a million children each year in the US alone. Are you meaning to tell me that a million people die in the US from lack if basic necessities.

I addition the abortion numbers around the world are mind boggling especially when you include a country like China whose government practices intentional abortion as a policy to prevent overcrowding.

Your post is condescending, inaccurate, and is a poor attempt to deflect the horrific reality of abortion. If the facts aren't with you make some up and commit character assassination. Christians being hypocrites does not change the depravity of abortions.

Come find me another 1.2 million government sanctioned person killer in the US that Christians should be upset about. I will gladly join the cause. I could care less about this supposed merit merit badge you harp on.

I am perfect content with the United States stance on Abortion. I am also content with the trial and most likely conviction of these horrible people. What is the end game of this awareness? Everyone should be aware that there are horrible people out there, and when they do horrible things they will be arrested, tried, and convicted? Im still confused about what I am suppose to be concerned about?

Both grammar and morality would each like a word with you, when you have a moment.

Alex Trebec will take falsehoods for 1.2 million on this post. We abort over a million children each year in the US alone. Are you meaning to tell me that a million people die in the US from lack if basic necessities.

I addition the abortion numbers around the world are mind boggling especially when you include a country like China whose government practices intentional abortion as a policy to prevent overcrowding.

Your post is condescending, inaccurate, and is a poor attempt to deflect the horrific reality of abortion. If the facts aren't with you make some up and commit character assassination. Christians being hypocrites does not change the depravity of abortions.

Come find me another 1.2 million government sanctioned person killer in the US that Christians should be upset about. I will gladly join the cause. I could care less about this supposed merit merit badge you harp on.

War.

I love this post so much.

My guess is my face has seen the inside of more soup kitchens than yours ever will. I'm willing to bet an awful, awful lot on that fact, but let's assume just for the sake of what's left of your argument that you're right: what in the name of Joe Biden's charitable deduction does that have to do with the morality behind killing inconvenient people before they are born? If you do more volunteer work, you get a pass on abortion? Is that how it works?

Abortion is this century's slavery. History should and will judge its apologists harshly.

Last edited:
Abortion is this century's slavery. History should and will judge its apologists harshly.

I'm not so sure the direct correlation holds up. I don't particularly like abortion as an institution, and were I a woman, I doubt I would ever have one. That being said, you can boil the concept of life down even farther than conception. How do you feel about birth control? Is it not the same thing?

I'm not so sure the direct correlation holds up. I don't particularly like abortion as an institution, and were I a woman, I doubt I would ever have one. That being said, you can boil the concept of life down even farther than conception. How do you feel about birth control? Is it not the same thing?

Depends on the method. If you stick with heinous glasses, body odor and social awkwardness, no, it's not the same thing.

I think anytime you stop an innocent heartbeat, you've crossed a line. I don't view that as a gray area, and I don't have a problem with distinguishing a convicted murder in the right case (cf. "innocent"), but I respect people that are against both the death penalty and abortion.

Yes, because the reality of war doesn't prevent death either. I don't think you could have picked a more foolish comparison. There are just wars and there are unjust wars. The problem isn't the presence of the war it is the application of it. There is no such distinction in killing in a child.

Depends on the method. If you stick with heinous glasses, body odor and social awkwardness, no, it's not the same thing.

I think anytime you stop an innocent heartbeat, you've crossed a line. I don't view that as a gray area, and I don't have a problem with distinguishing a convicted murder in the right case (cf. "innocent"), but I respect people that are against both the death penalty and abortion.

Does preventing an innocent heartbeat from starting count the same as stopping one in your eyes? Condoms, the pill, etc., do they not all prevent innocent heartbeats?

Yes, because the reality of war doesn't prevent death either. I don't think you could have picked a more foolish comparison. There are just wars and there are unjust wars. The problem isn't the presence of the war it is the application of it. There is no such distinction in killing in a child.

So Christians shouldn't be upset about war? War doesn't claim the lives of innocent children? I'm not saying that war is never just or necessary, I was responding to your claim that all Christians should be outraged about abortion. I don't necessarily disagree with that claim, but I also happen to believe that Christians should be equally outraged with war and capital punishment. I just can't see Jesus getting behind killing for any reason.

Reactions: DDA
So Christians shouldn't be upset about war? War doesn't claim the lives of innocent children? I'm not saying that war is never just or necessary, I was responding to your claim that all Christians should be outraged about abortion. I don't necessarily disagree with that claim, but I also happen to believe that Christians should be equally outraged with war and capital punishment. I just can't see Jesus getting behind killing for any reason.

Yup. Too many Christians chose between the sins, focusing on one as more "sinful" than the rest (abortion, war, drinking, etc.) when in reality it is all sinful. I know there is gray area in all these instances, but on the whole, they all go against everything Jesus taught. Love thy neighbor. Respect life/creation. Be righteously outraged about all of these awful issues.

First, yeah, the Philly thing is awful. That shouldn't happen and it's good that the people involved will meet justice. So... case closed? Tangentially, is that what abortion is like under normal circumstances? No way.

And yeah, people will try and use this as an argument about abortion writ large, which is hardly valid. Same as using gun massacres as an argument for gun control. Gun massacres are a problem but account for a small percentage of overall gun deaths.

Ultimately, and as others have said, I'm not sure what this thread is about. The folks committed crimes, were arrested, are facing penalties, and it's been covered by the news, if not the national media. I suspect there's plenty of similar things in many sectors we don't hear the talking heads screaming about. Are we talking about the story anymore or abortion itself? And if abortion, can we agree that what happened in Philly isn't an argument against it?

eta: pro-choice

Last edited:
Yup. Too many Christians chose between the sins, focusing on one as more "sinful" than the rest (abortion, war, drinking, etc.) when in reality it is all sinful. I know there is gray area in all these instances, but on the whole, they all go against everything Jesus taught. Love thy neighbor. Respect life/creation. Be righteously outraged about all of these awful issues.

this is probably tangential and i don't want to litter on the thread, so i'll throw it in a link

Last edited:
Back