• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why is this considered a non-story?

so i skimmed through the posts made here. has one single female posted up until now? just curious. not trying to start a shitstorm here.

yes, a couple of us posted. i personally prefer to stay out of this, because while liberal in the vast majority of my views, i am pro-life. but i don't feel like getting into pro-life/pro-choice arguments here. i think everybody can agree that what this guy did was awful, regardless of your prolife/prochoice stance.

I'd encourage you to become impregnated with a child you don't want. Without attempting to be sensationalist, would a rape change the context enough for that to be understandable?

The fetus didn't "cause" anything, as you allege. The fetus is the result of behavior choices of others.

I'd encourage you to become impregnated with a child you don't want. Without attempting to be sensationalist, would a rape change the context enough for that to be understandable?

I understand the issues, but thanks for the patronizing tone.

What percentage of elective abortions each year are the result of rape?

Rape certainly changes the context but in my opinion killing an innocent life is never excusable. If the mothers life is in danger and/or the baby is non viable them at that point there is no moral high ground because you merely choosing between equally bad situations. I don't really understand how someone can be pro life part of the time. But obviously in the scenarios where the abortion is not merely a convenience the context is completely different.

Sex Ed and sexual responsibility. Condoms are about 95% effective. Wear one.

I agree that responsible sex ed (i.e., NOT abstinence only) is the path, as well as cheap and easy access to contraception such as condoms.

The fetus didn't "cause" anything, as you allege. The fetus is the result of behavior choices of others.

I assume you support funding child welfare and public education to provide for the kids after they are born?

I assume you support funding child welfare and public education to provide for the kids after they are born?

If necessary. Would prefer people stop having irresponsible sex. That would be much better solution.

Can't believe that this argument has devolved into the societal convenience of killing poor children. Wow.

It's not the fetus' fault but I think the harm is beyond doubt. Does the fact that terminating a pregnancy can be a good choice for an individual who wants one seem reasonable?

I understand the issues, but thanks for the patronizing tone.

What percentage of elective abortions each year are the result of rape?

Does that change it for you? I'm curious if context makes a difference in whether or not a pregnancy can be seen as negative.

Apologies for the tone; I don't mean to come across that way.

I agree that responsible sex ed (i.e., NOT abstinence only) is the path, as well as cheap and easy access to contraception such as condoms.

Agree. Abstinence before marriage/lifelong commitment is not reasonable. Although it would solve 90% of this problem.

Can't believe that this argument has devolved into the societal convenience of killing poor children. Wow.

Just hoping that we agree that concern for a child's life shouldn't end at birth.

This is my point of the comments on war and capital punishment.

Because without war innocent people die as well. A similar argument (although less effective) can be made about capital punishment. If America becomes Switzerland innocent people suffer. If America protects the world innocent people suffer. The issue isn't whether war is good or bad it is how you implement war most effectively.

I assume you haven't read many of my posts about public education funding. The answer is yes.

But it's not okay to say that we should kill babies we don't wish to pay for. That's not okay.

Back