• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why isn't the basketball team good?

Shon Coleman & Joakim Bloom. Could have been Duke with these guys...

What you are advocating is just making up your standards as you go along....to be followed or ignorred, depending upon the convenience of the situation at hand. Reminds me of the story of the man who asked a woman if she would go to bed with him for $100,000. After she said "yes", he asked her if she would do it for $10. Insulted, the woman said "What do you think I am?"...to which the man replied "That has already been determined. We are now just negotiating a price."

iirc, it was churchill who said this

Some people with misguided priorities still insist that only players who can read should be recruited. Those silly people just don't understand that what is important here is winning basketball games...not having players waste their time with trivial things like going to class. We need to lower academic standards. Better yet, just eliminate them....for top basketball recruits, anyway. If you are going to be a whore, you might as well be a good one.

So, in a nutshell, you are saying "no SAT."

I think you are on to something with that last one. I can see how not being able to score more points than we allow would definitely impact the number of games we could win.

Glad you got that! It seems to me that that is always why teams lose...what do you think?

There is something very off-putting about a man in his 70s typing "LOL"

Is this a serious question? The team isn't good because the only thing worse than 'you-know-who''s bench coaching and PR skills was his recruiting.

According to the latest fundraising video its because recruiting is down as Wake uses a VW Bug to recruit while other coaches fly around in jets. We should all give more money. [name redacted] was never the problem....it's our fault. Give Wellman...I mean the Athletic Department money!

It may be hallowed, but it is rarely seen in Winston-Salem, even less on the road. You should know.

Back