• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why was Dino fired?

why do people even bother arguing with BKF anymore?

Supermassive_black_hole.jpeg

Not trying to argue with BKF, just curious as to how many HS All-American's have played at IU. Here is the list:

IU's All-Time List of McDonald's All-Americans
Tom Baker - 1977
Ray Tolbert - 1977
Landon Turner - 1978
Isiah Thomas - 1979
John Flowers - 1981
Daryl Thomas - 1983
Delray Brooks - 1984
Ricky Calloway - 1985
Jay Edwards - 1987
Eric Anderson - 1988
Greg Graham - 1989
Pat Graham - 1989
Damon Bailey - 1990
Alan Henderson - 1991
Sherron Wilkerson - 1993
Andrae Patterson - 1994
Neil Reed - 1994
Jason Collier - 1996
Luke Recker - 1997
Dane Fife - 1998
Jared Jeffries - 2000
Bracey Wright - 2002
D.J. White - 2004
Eric Gordon - 2007
Cody Zeller - 2011

Hard to believe guys like Dane Fife and Neal Reed were burger boys.

This is such a tired argument on this board. It's really easy to say you miss Dino when you have a coach like [Redacted]. It's true as they say, people really do have short memories. I question anyone's understanding of the game of basketball if they truly believe Dino was a "good" coach. He was a poor coach with massive amounts of talent.

Dino would be doing just as poor with this bunch as [Redacted] is currently doing, possibly even worse. That in no way excuses Wellman for hiring [Redacted] but the program was on shaky ground under Dino. Everyone seems to conveniently forget the rape allegations from our basketball team a few years ago. Not saying that it did happen but Dino never had firm control of that team. Johnson and Teague hated each other, Ish was constantly out of control, turning the ball over on a regular basis. Look at what an NBA-level coach has been able to do with Teague and Ish. Ish has become a solid player and Teague is on the verge of being an All Star one day. Johnson has made strides as well.

We need a new coach but we sure as fuck don't need Dino back. Christ people, get it together.

Please take this past psycho-analysis of the team somewhere else, because it's all bullshit. You don't want Dino back, who gives a shit, he's not coming back anyway. The players didn't hate each other, like at all, specifically the two you're talking about. What fucking vaccuum are you living in where you think you can post things like this and people who actually were there with those players and know the truth won't see it?

We had a top twenty recruiting profile under Dino and he personally drove up to Richmond to close the deal with Travis. I miss being in the hunt for top talent that Dino recruited.Ron wants to develop gym rats and that may be good once every four years as seniors.

Please take this past psycho-analysis of the team somewhere else, because it's all bullshit. You don't want Dino back, who gives a shit, he's not coming back anyway. The players didn't hate each other, like at all, specifically the two you're talking about. What fucking vaccuum are you living in where you think you can post things like this and people who actually were there with those players and know the truth won't see it?

I think he meant Ish and Teague hated each other. That was the speculation at the time at least. Something about a girl.

I think he meant Ish and Teague hated each other. That was the speculation at the time at least. Something about a girl.

Yeah, the rumor was that Ish slept with Jeff's gf I believe.

Still doesn't have shit to do with Dino.

Braswell and Rutland were having sex with the same girl too! #OdomOUT!

This is such a tired argument on this board. It's really easy to say you miss Dino when you have a coach like [Redacted]. It's true as they say, people really do have short memories. I question anyone's understanding of the game of basketball if they truly believe Dino was a "good" coach. He was a poor coach with massive amounts of talent.

Dino would be doing just as poor with this bunch as [Redacted] is currently doing, possibly even worse. That in no way excuses Wellman for hiring [Redacted] but the program was on shaky ground under Dino. Everyone seems to conveniently forget the rape allegations from our basketball team a few years ago. Not saying that it did happen but Dino never had firm control of that team. Johnson and Teague hated each other, Ish was constantly out of control, turning the ball over on a regular basis. Look at what an NBA-level coach has been able to do with Teague and Ish. Ish has become a solid player and Teague is on the verge of being an All Star one day. Johnson has made strides as well.

We need a new coach but we sure as fuck don't need Dino back. Christ people, get it together.

This is such a terrible post. Nobody wants Dino back but the points you're making here are idiotic. Ish developed by leaps and bounds while he was at Wake.

"You give me numbers, but I'm going to trim them to better fit my argument."

Wellman fired Dino after only 3 seasons but will give Bz another year unless his hand is forced. It is up to the players now.

This is what gets me. I don't think Dino was the man long-term but for God's sake, [Redacted] has had his chance.

That's really not that many for a program that had the success that Knight had at IU for 29 years. Those last four were there after he left. That leaves 20 players in a 29-year career. I've never even heard of Tom Baker or John Flowers. Brooks, Calloway, Wilkerson, Reed, Collier & Recker transferred. That leaves 12 high school AAs in 29 years that made substantial contributions to Bob Knight's success at IU.

f you notice the years when he stopped getting Burger Boys was the period IU fell from the top to mediocrity.

And random note, both of these guys are dead now:

Neil Reed - 1994
Jason Collier - 1996

The players may be more interested in saving the assistants and support staff's jobs than Bz per se.

The players arent playing for anyone's job. They just want to play ball, and they want to win. Period.

The players arent playing for anyone's job. They just want to play ball, and they want to win. Period.

Out of curiosity, how does the team feel about Buzzdick? I think I know how Travis feels, but how about everyone else?

Out of curiosity, how does the team feel about Buzzdick? I think I know how Travis feels, but how about everyone else?

What makes you think you know how Travis feels out of curiosity?

Back