• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why was Dino fired?

And what about Army? What about Texas Tech? Do you think there were blue-chippers lining up to play for those two schools?

You added this after I posted. I'm not sure that either of those cases say much. I pointed out that Bob Knight's Indiana teams were always filled with elite high school talent. Furthermore, so were his Texas Tech teams. While he was attempting to rebuild the decaying corpse of one of the Big 12's least funded programs, he nevertheless landed an assortment of top-10 JuCo players (including TTU legend Ronald Ross), but a brief look at Scout's historic commitments database reveals that he also landed his share of top-100 players. In the latter case, his personality (and senility) factored into his gradual decline on the recruiting trail.

If anything, then Knight has always been well-regarded as a recruiter, in the same vein as he has as a strategist.

Last edited:
So, wait. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're arguing in circles here.

Best players =/= "NBA players," but Indiana's players weren't as good as UNC's because UNC had more draft picks? I'm not old enough to know that team well, but I know that Alford, Dakich, and Blab - from listening to Dakich on the radio a few times - were highly regarded recruits.

Strick, in all seriousness, if you put those two teams on pedestal levels by talent, Indiana wouldn't even be able to see Carolina. Alford, Dakich, and Blab shouldn't even be mentioned in the same conversation with Jordan, Perkins, Daugherty, and Smith.

Question for the masses here.....IF we would have beaten UK in Dino's final year, would he have been fired?

Strick, in all seriousness, if you put those two teams on pedestal levels by talent, Indiana wouldn't even be able to see Carolina. Alford, Dakich, and Blab shouldn't even be mentioned in the same conversation with Jordan, Perkins, Daugherty, and Smith.

You're missing the point of the argument with this comment. BKF can't have it both ways, yet he's flip-flopping like it's the 2004 presidential election when it comes to this one...

Question for the masses here.....IF we would have beaten UK in Dino's final year, would he have been fired?

I don't see how he could have been fired. Weren't they a one seed? No one gets fired after making the Sweet Sixteen, absent dead bodies.

No, that would be like staging a protest against a current regime during a 25 point blowout home win.

So, wait. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're arguing in circles here.

Best players =/= "NBA players," but Indiana's players weren't as good as UNC's because UNC had more draft picks? I'm not old enough to know that team well, but I know that Alford, Dakich, and Blab - from listening to Dakich on the radio a few times - were highly regarded recruits.

That's because it's code for white players vs. black players. Typical old man speak.

How are Parade AA selections different today than they were thirty years ago? Link?

It's been years since I even saw the Parade AA selections. I only know Chase was one because I read it here.

I don't have a link, but like the year before Fischer was selected, you could tell that the focus of the selection had changed from the best prospects to include guys with gaudy HS stats that might have played against subpar competition. Quite few more 2 and 3 stars showing up on the lists.

Obvious answer to the OP: So Bz could be hired.

Back