• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WI, AR, PA voter ID laws ruled unconstitutional

A guy I work with the other day stated "I don't know why any white person would ever vote for a Democrat".

I was like when you look at the idiots the Pubs continue to roll out, that's why a lot do. You think places like Minnesota & Wisconsin are full of minorities?

A guy I work with the other day stated "I don't know why any white person would ever vote for a Democrat".

Sounds like it's time to get a new workplace if you have dumbshits like that working there.

So is there any evidence that this is a real issue or can the GOP get back to at least pretending to address actual issues (where they will then just reject any reasonable plan) instead of making shit up that's not actually a problem and then saying it has to be fixed now?

Sounds like it's time to get a new workplace if you have dumbshits like that working there.

Dude, its not just here but everywhere around me. The upstate of SC may be one of the bigger Pub strongholds in the country.

Really interesting article on 538 trying to measure the racism difference between white republicans and white democrats:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/are-white-republicans-more-racist-than-white-democrats/

silver-racial-index-8.png

silver-racial-index-4.png

silver-racial-index-6.png

Dude, its not just here but everywhere around me. The upstate of SC may be one of the bigger Pub strongholds in the country.

The Southern strategy worked.

In split states if Dems traded voter id requirement for access to Ids them pubs would jump all over it everytime. I have no doubt about that.

We all know it won't happen though because it is more politically advantageous to paint pubs as racists instead of addressing the issue.

Almost all proven voter fraud is absentee ballot fraud or crooked election officials.

I'd take the GOP's desire to assure the "purity" of our elections a little more seriously if they were talking about tightening up the absentee ballot rules. But the GOP is not at all worried about solving the actual proven voter fraud problem. By some strange coincidence, a lot of old white people and military use absentee ballots.

This. If the GOP was actually trying to combat voter fraud, I'd be all for the Dems trying to work out a compromise. But calling out the GOP proposals as designed to suppress the minority vote isn't just politically expedient, it's the truth.

Well then the Dems should propose other reforms and come together. Both sides see reform that is needed and the process is safer. Pubs would go for that in a heartbeat.

Well then the Dems should propose other reforms and come together. Both sides see reform that is needed and the process is safer. Pubs would go for that in a heartbeat.

Why would they propose reforms for something that's not a problem?

The GOP has had ZERO interest in coming together about ANYTHING since January 2009 and you know it. If they don't get 1000% of what they want they don't talk.

The GOP has said and acted about compromise being the second dirtiest word in the English language behind only Obama.

Lolz. The republican rhetoric is anything but compromising as they try to outflank each other to the right.

Why would they propose reforms for something that's not a problem?

There we go. Point proven. As long as this is the approach of democrats the only legislation proposed will be in pub dominated states and it will little to no dem input. Because they have no interest in doing anything on this topic other than screaming racist.

There we go. Point proven. As long as this is the approach of democrats the only legislation proposed will be in pub dominated states and it will little to no dem input. Because they have no interest in doing anything on this topic other than screaming racist.

Can you show me the evidence that there is actually a problem that needs addressing?

ok, tell if this is "screaming racist"

The laws that the Republicans want to push are pretty clear vote suppression efforts. They want to make it harder for likely Democrat voters to get to the polls and have their votes counted. It has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the "integrity of the vote." The Republican leadership simply wants fewer people to vote for Democrats. This has been shown time and time and time again when Republican strategists talk about these laws.

The amount of angry old white men continues to diminish, just not fast enough. So we need to make sure others can't get to the polls to vote to try and prop up the Pubs. Yeah lets go 150 years backward.

Can you show me the evidence that there is actually a problem that needs addressing?

Even jhmd's last post with "evidence" included voter fraud by people who used fake IDs.

Are you guys just as angry and worried and concerned about the integrity of elections when it comes to gerrymandering as you are IDs? Which has a greater influence on power in the country?

Are you guys just as angry and worried and concerned about the integrity of elections when it comes to gerrymandering as you are IDs? Which has a greater influence on power in the country?

But who controls "the people's chamber?" lol

Back