• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Buzz be back for a year 5?

Is Ronnie bringing back his best bud buzz?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am cautiously optimistic he's gone (thanks to babydeac's encouraging "tick tock").

There should be an option that says "I sure as shit hope not but with Wellman you never know."

Where's the "Shit, I forgot to log in to my Haas account" option?

Hatch is too much of a whimp to handle the horrific negative backlash that would occur. So, I am betting he will overrule Melonhead if he goes off the reservation.

He's gone, gone, nothings gonna bring him back, he's gone.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile :)

I'm sort of surprised that 90% of the responses to this poll think that Wellman won't bring back [Redacted] next year. You all have a lot more confidence in Mr. Wellman than I do. Sadly, I believe that both Wellman and [Redacted] have been far too comfortable this year to be forced into a change. We all want him gone, but Wellman views us as the lunatic fringe. This board could be in for an epic meltdown in a few weeks.

If Wake should win out and win one conference tournament game, he will be back.

But there is little chance of that.

I'm sort of surprised that 90% of the responses to this poll think that Wellman won't bring back [Redacted] next year. You all have a lot more confidence in Mr. Wellman than I do. Sadly, I believe that both Wellman and [Redacted] have been far too comfortable this year to be forced into a change. We all want him gone, but Wellman views us as the lunatic fringe. This board could be in for an epic meltdown in a few weeks.

Outside of this board, dead serious, a surprising majority of random wake "fans" I encounter at work, around town, etc, are much less critical of [Redacted] and wellman than they should be and seem extremely sympathetic to the "situation he came in to", as created by wellman's propaganda machine. A lot of: "he had to clean up the mess, culture, we are getting better... " bullshit. These people obviously aren't as passionate about attending games as seen with the attendance... But they probably wouldn't care if he came back.

It just seems off. The mentality of the masses of brainwashed, milk dud townies isn't openly furious enough given the last 4 years. If the higher ups in the DC are extremely Buzzout or die but just more subdued publicly than we would like, then I am confident he will be gone. But if enough people are telling Wellman behind closed doors that they support him and [Redacted], then he might just keep up the lunatic fringe nonsense and keep [Redacted] around.

Hatch is too much of a whimp to handle the horrific negative backlash that would occur. So, I am betting he will overrule Melonhead if he goes off the reservation.

Hatch is a wimp. That's why RW is still running the show. If Hatch is afraid of anything, it's embarrassing Ronnie and making him fire his butt-buddy.

Every random Wake fan at my workplace is done with him and wants him fired. Usually just scared when we win a game and asks me about the possibilities of it saving his job.

What I do not understand at all. Not one person (inbred overalls excluded) would be upset of Wellman fired [Redacted]. Many many people would be near riot levels if he retained [Redacted]. Wellman fires [Redacted], most people will instantly focus on the exciting prospect of a new coach and largely back off hating on him. Why THE FUCK would this man even consider keeping this disaster on board. It's mind boggling. The selfish choice for Wellman is to say Fuck you [Redacted], you failed, let him take the fall and try to recover what little reputation he has left. The incredibly stupid, bizarre, stubborn, douechbag move would be to keep him and have another 12 months of complete mayhem.

For Fucks sake just swallow your pride and fire him, keep making millions doing nothing and save us another year of miserable bickering, arguing and hate.

I had a text convo tonight that has me spiraling. The gist was that within the AD the thought is we still have a shot at the NIT. If so, the expectation is for Bzzz to return. The summary of what they thought was required to make the NIT was simply beat BC, Miami, and win 1 game in the ACC tourney.

Now how that would make the NIT, I dunno. There are at least 4 teams in the ACC pecking order that would qualify over us. The last comment I received was that Wellman's influence as the chair of the NCAA may push us over those other teams.

This obviously doesn't jibe with what Baby has been saying for sometime. I hope I am on the short end of the information line, but to be safe we need State, FSU, Maryland, and Clemson to keep winning and ideally us to lose to BC or Miami. I am sure some will flame away because that is what this board does best. Just sharing some of the thinking that is going on within the AD.
LOL, bless their hearts if they think wins over BC, Miami, and (probably) BC again or VT in the ACCT would get us in the NIT. We wouldn't even be close to sniffing the NIT if that's how it plays out. Not even close.

Last edited:
Back