• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Buzz be back for a year 5?

Is Ronnie bringing back his best bud buzz?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To give Braces her due: She (or her business) sponsors one of the teams in the summer league. If I'm remembering her practice's name, they always give money and buy adds. I think she was featured in the Gold Rush this past year. So she puts some money down.

To give Braces her due: She (or her business) sponsors one of the teams in the summer league. If I'm remembering her practice's name, they always give money and buy adds. I think she was featured in the Gold Rush this past year. So she puts some money down.

so she pays for her access

that's even more pathetic

A friend of mine says he saw AP report today that Wellman has extended [Redacted] for 2 years. I haven't been able to confirm. Anybody else heard this? I hope it is not true.

I'm pretty sure the new coaching search is already well underway. Wellman may be stubborn and arrogant, but he's not a complete idiot.

Bz is just riding out the last few games here.

If he wins some, then meh. If he loses some, then meh.

His fate has already been sealed.

BracesDeaconess:

When considering ANYone who Wellman would approach, they HAVE to have private institution coaching experience. The difference between how things are done in Enormous State University vs. a Private School are huge and not something a coach needs to get bogged down into when they first get on the job.

I wish Shaka Smart would not be brought up. He is not coming here -- forget it, guys.

Agree whoever it is must be squeaky clean. Hard to find some of those who are also successful.

I love Mark Few, but he is a west coast guy who would never fit here. We need to look at other smaller private schools' coaches to be realistic.

And, as much as I think Bz has done some REALLY good things since he has been here, I do not think that he will continue unless we win the ACC tourney and go to the NCAAs. Just hope whoever Wellman picks will energize and get these guys to buy in to the new system. Feel Rusty and Chill will be "demoted" again to "special assistants to Ron Wellman" unless the new guy feels they can be DBO or something else. Battle will be picked up by a mid-major as a head coach.

But I have my ACC tourney tix and look forward to the culmination of the season, whatever happens."

What good has he done? Few would be a great coach.. Hell get some West coast guys to come east..When was this quote? Is this real?

A friend of mine says he saw AP report today that Wellman has extended [Redacted] for 2 years. I haven't been able to confirm. Anybody else heard this? I hope it is not true.

Your friend is fucking with you

What good has he done? Few would be a great coach.. Hell get some West coast guys to come east..When was this quote? Is this real?

Nevermind the fact that [Redacted] came from out west when we hired him 4 years ago. It isn't like Colorado is in North Carolina's backyard or anything like that.

Absolutely love braces' "Agree whoever it is must be squeaky clean. Hard to find some of those who are also successful." The excuses begin.

Your friend is fucking with you

The boards would have blown up by now if that were true. The mass riots in Winston would be all over the news.

"Squeaky clean"

Ha...there is no such thing in high major college athletics. Get over that bullshit.

"Squeaky clean"

Ha...there is no such thing in high major college athletics. Get over that bullshit.

It continues to amaze me the mental gymnastics that some of these old timers are willing to do in order to try and put Wake on a pedestal.

Wake should really be split in two: one school for those that want to live in the real world, and another for those that want the fantasy version and perpetually stuck in 1946.

Skip Prosser: "There are no virgins in college basketball."

bob-ryan.jpg

Hondo continued plumbing the personnel folder. "I'm confused by your file. You've been a cop for six years and never had a civilian complaint against you."

Officer Burress nodded and somehow did it with modesty. "I try to be courteous and professional with everyone I encounter."

Hondo hesitated. "The thing about S.W.A.T., Dave..."

"David."

"Right...David...the thing about S.W.A.T. is sometimes you got to get a little dirty behind a street collar. You know what I'm saying?"

Wake should really be split in two: one school for those that want to live in the real world, and another for those that want the fantasy version and perpetually stuck in 1946.

Sounds like something else...

Back