• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Cody's Return Help or Hurt?

Don't think shooting with a boot on will help a ton.

It could actually help a ton. The absolute best thing you can do to become a better shooter is to work on proper form from about 2 feet from the basket. There is no substitute for it. With broken shots (like CMM) he could improve a ton by simply form shooting for an hour or two every day. The boot would limit his range which might actually help him.

If you want your kid to be a good shooter. Teach him or her to be perfect from two feet. If they can swish 20 in a row from 2 feet move back to 4 feet and repeat. If Codi has used his time well he could absolutely come back a better shooter.

Pretty sure you are confusing the Rutland - Braswell girlfriend curfuffle w ish - teague. Or pg gf swapping is a thing. Teague orchestrated gmoney's bj from the coed who felt kobe'd by it upon reflection later and then took her lb of flesh from the whole university

Ish supposedly banged Teague's girlfriend.

It could actually help a ton. The absolute best thing you can do to become a better shooter is to work on proper form from about 2 feet from the basket. There is no substitute for it. With broken shots (like CMM) he could improve a ton by simply form shooting for an hour or two every day. The boot would limit his range which might actually help him.

If you want your kid to be a good shooter. Teach him or her to be perfect from two feet. If they can swish 20 in a row from 2 feet move back to 4 feet and repeat. If Codi has used his time well he could absolutely come back a better shooter.

Must spread rep. Thanks as always for the posts.

CMM generates so many free points for us in transition. He kept our offense afloat when it wasn't good. Adding him to a team that is already much better offensively than last year will greatly help.

That portion at the end wasn't as promising or optimistic as I'd hoped it would be. It does not sound decided at all that Codi will be back for the Dec. 15th game.

Our remaining OOC games are:

12/15 - vs. UNCG
12/18 - vs. Coastal Carolina
12/22 - vs. (12) Xavier
12/29 - @ LSU

We need to win 3 of 4 in order to keep our tournament hopes alive. 4 out of 4 would be a huge accomplishment.

Radio show tonight, I'm sure he'll give an update if there's any official news.

I still expect CMM to play at least a little on Tuesday.

That portion at the end wasn't as promising or optimistic as I'd hoped it would be. It does not sound decided at all that Codi will be back for the Dec. 15th game.

Our remaining OOC games are:

12/15 - vs. UNCG
12/18 - vs. Coastal Carolina
12/22 - vs. (12) Xavier
12/29 - @ LSU

We need to win 3 of 4 in order to keep our tournament hopes alive. 4 out of 4 would be a huge accomplishment.

If say we need to win 2/4 to keep hopes alive, because those are our expected wins. 3/4 would be be an accomplishment and 4/4 would mean beating one of the best teams in the country and would vault us into the top 25.

Scholarships will open up. They always do. Think it's been made clear that Manning has no problem running people off/telling them to move on for the sake of the future.

If he sees somebody he wants for '17 then he will get him.

No worries.

I'm sure they will open up. But if i get to choose who opens it up, I pick Rondale because he's one of the only guys we wouldn't miss next year.

If say we need to win 2/4 to keep hopes alive, because those are our expected wins. 3/4 would be be an accomplishment and 4/4 would mean beating one of the best teams in the country and would vault us into the top 25.

To have a shot at the tournament we probably need at least 18 regular season wins, which means if we go 2/4 we would need to be 10-8 in ACC play which I just don't see happening.

I really just hope we can avoid 0-4 in the Xavier, LSU, Duke, Louisville stretch.

To have a shot at the tournament we probably need at least 18 regular season wins, which means if we go 2/4 we would need to be 10-8 in ACC play which I just don't see happening.

I really just hope we can avoid 0-4 in the Xavier, LSU, Duke, Louisville stretch.

I like our chances at home against Duke. They have no one who can stop Devin and JC should be able to get his as well. Duke has no pg either (Thornton is terrible) so we'll need to apply pressure and force a lot of TO's.

The mighty KP has our win expectancy at .95 wins.

CMM generates so many free points for us in transition. He kept our offense afloat when it wasn't good. Adding him to a team that is already much better offensively than last year will greatly help.

The good news is he shouldn't have to work so hard to keep us going offensively when he comes back. We are already scoring at a much higher clip through 8 gms (79.1 PPG) than last year through 12 gms when we were a shade under 70 PPG.

Hopefully things will mesh nicely when he returns to the lineup and he will realize there is less pressure to score the ball, thus freeing him up to benefit from the flow of the offense when the opportunities present themselves. I'm really anxious to see how he'll do playing off the ball when he and Crawford play together.

But it will be nice to have him back in many aspects, especially when it comes to pushing the ball in transition.

I haven't thrown in the towel on McClinton just yet. He is a raw athletic 6'7 wing that plays hard. He is still a project but if Manning can get him to develop a good shot and teach him to be more patient with the basketball I think he could be a Trent Strickland type of player. Absolutely love his athleticism

I think the question that should have been asked is: "How much will Codi's return help?

Without him this team is probably somewhere in the 14-16 win range. The question is whether his return will bump us into the 17-19 win range (a.k.a. the bubble). I'm cautiously optimistic

I think the question that should have been asked is: "How much will Codi's return help?

Without him this team is probably somewhere in the 14-16 win range. The question is whether his return will bump us into the 17-19 win range (a.k.a. the bubble). I'm cautiously optimistic

I'm with you. Almost think it's worth changing thread title to that. Don't wanna hurt my man CMM's feelings, yo.

McClinton has demonstrated value in hanging around the basket on offense. His positioning on defense is so bad, but he has tools.

Back