• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Duke be favored by double digits? (Wake +5.5 down to +4.5 back to +5.5)

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
If I'm reading Sagarin right, Duke would be an 11 point favorite in Winston and that's before including today's 18 point win over Miami (Sagarin had Duke by 2.6).

Anybody know the last time Duke was favored by double digits in Winston? My best guess is 1994.

My understanding of Sagarin is that the Predictor (blue) column is the most accurate to use. That has Duke at 76.72 and Wake at 61.61, which would make them about a 9 point favorite (at Wake). However, I would expect Duke to be a 9.5 to 10.5 point favorite next week.

My best guess is it opens Duke -8.5 factoring in Wake's bye week and having won 11 of the last 12.

My understanding of Sagarin is that the Predictor (blue) column is the most accurate to use. That has Duke at 76.72 and Wake at 61.61, which would make them about a 9 point favorite (at Wake). However, I would expect Duke to be a 9.5 to 10.5 point favorite next week.

Sagarin's Predictor Home Field = 4.11. That means exactly an 11 point favorite.

really not sure whether I want to make this my last home game as a student or just roll with the FSU blowout from last week and study for secured tranx instead.

Duke -11 is easy money. I see them winning something like 31-10.

I'd typically say "that's what they want you to think" but I think you're right. I wouldn't be surprised if the line was 13.5 considering our power ranking is "so high" because of Campanaro and obviously we'll be without him.

That would be one of the lowest scoring Wake-Duke games of the Grobe era next to 2006.

Probably more like 41-20.

That would be one of the lowest scoring Wake-Duke games of the Grobe era next to 2006.

Probably more like 41-20.
We couldn't score a single point on Cuse. I don't see how we get to 20. I don't see our offense doing much of anything again. I think our defense "holds" them to around 30, and they run clock in the 4th. 31-10 sounds about right to me. We'll see I guess.

Yeah, you're probably right. Maybe 41-13.

I expect duke will have a let down game to some extent. Which means they still win by a couple of touchdowns

If Duke gets a 2 TD lead, the players will quit on Grobe just like last year. I can see the Deacs hanging in there and maybe even winning. Which will get our hopes up just like Gibson 44 yd TD run vs Miami, (I never saw a 180 pounder go "rumblin' and stumblin'" before), just to have Vandy crush us.

Go Duke!

Hope they win by 40. Maybe that will embarrass Grobe enough to hang it up.

That's hilarious. Why anyone outside of Wake fans would want to watch a Wake Forest offense sans Campanaro, I have absolutely no idea.

To see the first week of Duke's coronation ceremony.

Going to be interesting to hear all that color commentary about how great Duke is doing at 8-2 along with how Wake is lucky to have Grobe as a coach.

Will Duke be favored by double digits?

That's hilarious. Why anyone outside of Wake fans would want to watch a Wake Forest offense sans Campanaro, I have absolutely no idea.

Obviously not about us. If Duke beats Wake and Carolina, they go to Charlotte. Ugh.

Back