• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Duke be favored by double digits? (Wake +5.5 down to +4.5 back to +5.5)

We will beat Duke. Duke hasn't seen many defenses as tough as ours all year. Their schedule has been cake. They won't go to Charlotte and definitely won't make an Orange bowl appearance.

Well, considering that before Wake played in the 2006 Orange Bowl, the last NC school that played in a major bowl game was Duke in the 1961 Orange Bowl, then you were probably crazy to miss that game.

Still doesn't mean we didn't take the steps to try to remain competitive.

Everything is going Duke's way this year. The coastal sucks. And they will still get crushed by FSU in the ACCCG if they make it that far.

The attitude was far from "let's improve the offense to match our defense so we can do this again next year."

While Duke should beat us easily, I dont know how they will respond to playing with pressure. Would not surprise me to see them make a ton of mistakes. It is up to us to take advantage of those. Not sure if Game Day has been to Durham to do an all-access or segment on them yet, but now is the time if they haven't. Everyone is telling them how they should win the division, etc. Will be interesting.

In this epic battle, does the winning coach get to wear "the Does More with Less" crown?

We will beat Duke. Duke hasn't seen many defenses as tough as ours all year. Their schedule has been cake. They won't go to Charlotte and definitely won't make an Orange bowl appearance.

Too bad we can't score touchdowns without Camp

I can see Grobe giving up on unproductive upperclassmen, The only time you'll hear their name is during introductions. Tanner and Nikita not withstanding, Grobe will turn the page to next years players.

You people who don't care or want dook to win make me sick. You aren't true WFU fans. Go to Walmart and buy a duke sweatshirt today. Go hang out at Wallace Wade high school stadium and the great restaurants and bars in Durham. And stay the hell out if BB&T and the Joel. We don't want you .

I hate people like you. Go hang out with with the two a-hole Duke football fans from Parsippany and Greenwich. If you despise WF football that much, stop wasting your time here.

Bro our current ceiling with this group of fucking cowards at the helm is 6 wins, and only if we have a ridiculously easy schedule and everyone else is down.

I'm thinking long term. Grobe is past it, he may as well be have alzheimers at this point. Its time for change.

and THE TIME IS NOW

Who TF is going to do any better than Grobe? Give some names of coaches who would take the job and win more than Grobe has?

I would love to believe that this team would man up and give an inspired performance, but I have seen little in resilience out of these players short of a few exceptions (and one is injured).

Will Duke be favored by double digits?

I think Grobe's November record since 2008 is 4-23. His November record before 2006 wasn't great either.

I went to Wake with the last class of seniors to lose twice to Duke. Sad that Grobe has let this program go back to past futility.

Last edited:
Who TF is going to do any better than Grobe? Give some names of coaches who would take the job and win more than Grobe has?

There are plenty of coaches who could do better than Grobe the past 5 years. Next year we will be even worse. Why not try something different. It is very expensive to continue to pay 2.5M a year for a championship we won 7 years ago.

Anyone with a fucking pulse. This team has 4 wins this season in spite of its coaches.

You people who don't care or want dook to win make me sick. You aren't true WFU fans. Go to Walmart and buy a duke sweatshirt today. Go hang out at Wallace Wade high school stadium and the great restaurants and bars in Durham. And stay the hell out if BB&T and the Joel. We don't want you .

Like you speak for all "good Wake fans." GFYS.

mark it down - wake wins saturday and lays an egg vs Vandy. Long-time fans should know this routine - ust think of the most crushing scenario possible and that is what will happen.

Duke will beat us like a drum. The stadium will be filled with sickening blue and it will be a miserable afternoon for Deac fans.

Still it is senior day and all WF fans should attend. If for no other reason, to express appreciation for Nikita!!!

Duke will beat us like a drum. The stadium will be filled with sickening blue and it will be a miserable afternoon for Deac fans.

Still it is senior day and all WF fans should attend. If for no other reason, to express appreciation for Nikita!!!

Come on now... there aren't that many Duke football fans.

Back