• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will there be any major changes before State?

You have the following choices

• Total voters
It’s wouldn’t take much for 8-1 to turn into 8-5 or 9-4 instead of 13-1 or 12-2. Make the changes. Win the ACC and a NY6 bowl and we finish top 10 in the rankings and maybe start there next year. Making the change signals that Wake is serious to the media, our opponents, and recruits. The Wake narrative shifts from the atrocious defense to how Clawson is going to fix it.

Let’s not forget the CFP is still in reach. There aren’t going to be that many one-loss conference champs a month from now. A two loss team has never made it in.

This is where I am as well. We are definitely at a tipping point exactly like 2019. Except this time I don't think it is the players reading their accolades in the media or being selfish. I didn't get that vibe at all yesterday.00 I truly believe the players are all-in.

As I posted earlier, where is our coverage on some of the most basic plays? Literally, you had people running against us and none of our defensive players even in the frame on TV. Where are they? We are either that un-athletic or we have a coaching problem.
I say it's the latter.

This is where I am as well. We are definitely at a tipping point exactly like 2019. Except this time I don't think it is the players reading their accolades in the media or being selfish. I didn't get that vibe at all yesterday.00 I truly believe the players are all-in.

As I posted earlier, where is our coverage on some of the most basic plays? Literally, you had people running against us and none of our defensive players even in the frame on TV. Where are they? We are either that un-athletic or we have a coaching problem.
I say it's the latter.

I think part of the problem is when Clawson first got here we were so bad on offense. The defense was pretty good, in fact I have no doubt we'd be undefeated now and have a great shot at going undefeated if we had that defense on this team. Anyway, the offense was so bad, it dictated most of the recruiting attention be on that side of the ball. Well we've certainly succeeded in getting talent on that side of the ball and hopefully that will continue given our success on offense. The focus needs to be on recruiting better on the defensive side now. We know that getting really good interior lineman is tough here, but we've had a lot of really good d-ends, backers, and secondary players in the past, so we know it can be done.

I think part of the problem is when Clawson first got here we were so bad on offense. The defense was pretty good, in fact I have no doubt we'd be undefeated now and have a great shot at going undefeated if we had that defense on this team. Anyway, the offense was so bad, it dictated most of the recruiting attention be on that side of the ball. Well we've certainly succeeded in getting talent on that side of the ball and hopefully that will continue given our success on offense. The focus needs to be on recruiting better on the defensive side now. We know that getting really good interior lineman is tough here, but we've had a lot of really good d-ends, backers, and secondary players in the past, so we know it can be done.

We have a good D- lineman coming in Eli Hall. Maybe with him jasheen Davis and Dylan Hazin maybe we can get the D going the other direction

It’s like Grobe/Lobo all over again. Loyalty to a shit coordinator probably costing our team 1-3 wins a year. It’s becoming Manning level bad. I’d you let the players coach themselves Varsity Blues style, there’s no chance they could put out a worse product than this, even if they aren’t very good.

Tigerswood, I like your post, there is a lot of truth in it. Clawson is part of the problem, he is the HEAD coach!

We have put a decent amount of defensive talent in the league the last few years. I don’t think it’s necessarily individual skill. What it looks like to me, however is that we don’t understand communication and put too much pressure on two linebackers to cover out wide. Our reads are all wrong. That could be individual players not understanding and making consistent wrong reads, but with as systemic as it is, it seems like it is either a scheme issue or a teaching of the scheme issue.

We have put a decent amount of defensive talent in the league the last few years. I don’t think it’s necessarily individual skill. What it looks like to me, however is that we don’t understand communication and put too much pressure on two linebackers to cover out wide. Our reads are all wrong. That could be individual players not understanding and making consistent wrong reads, but with as systemic as it is, it seems like it is either a scheme issue or a teaching of the scheme issue.

-good appraisal which does get back to coaching at some level. No changes will occur in season and folks thinking otherwise are not the head coach.

4.2-5 is not working. Maybe go to a 5 man front hope jaSir is the player he can be on the opposing best wr. Muck up the middle.

Back