• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will we beat Duke?

Will we beat Duke

• Total voters
We get down huge early and they coast to a 25-30 pt win.

I legitimately think we will lose on Thursday night. I will still be watching and hoping for a minor miracle, however.

I think a miracle will happen and we will win, many of us will all be happy/excited for a few days, and then we will suffer some awful losses. Giving a bit of hope is the Wake Forest way.

This isn't a poll about whether you hope we will beat Duke. :D In that poll, I'd vote yes. In this poll, no.

Exactly. Why is it bad for a fan to have realistic expectations? Doesn't mean I'm not going to cheer. Doesn't mean I'm not going to break something when I see a typical Cameron Homer Call.... but the poll ask if we think we will win.

I don't think we will.

Last edited:
I'll bet nearly every Yes vote is legitimate, unlike 45 of the 55 alias/parody votes in the No column.

Keep the positive vibes coming!

Who on that "No" list do you consider a parody, Sunshine? Looks like all legitimate posters to me.

Couple things in play here: we usually play well after playing poorly, and K seemingly went easy on us last year (soft defense).

But if the game is close for reasons above, K drops the hammer.

I think we're more likely to lose by 40+

After engaging in some extensive research and analysis, here's what I've concluded:

Magic%20Ball

[chances are mighty slim...but, I'll also watch and hope for a miracle. I'll be happy if we just play well, however.]

Exactly? Why is it bad for a fan to have realistic expectations? Doesn't mean I'm not going to cheer. Doesn't mean I'm not going to break something when I see a typical Cameron Homer Call.... but the poll ask if we think we will win.

I don't think we will.

Be careful...you're wading into "bad fan" water. :D

In the post-Duncan era Wake has taken talented teams into Cameron, Wake has taken bad teams into Cameron, and Wake has taken highly ranked teams into Cameron. The one thing they all have in common? They've all lost.

Duke romps, 86-50

What reason does K have to toss the game?

1. All 40k Wake living alums show up at the game.
2. We threaten to storm the court during the game.
3. K calls Roy for advice.
4. Roy gives obvious advice.
5. K listens, instructs team to leave except for the walk ons.
6. We beat the Duke walk ons in a nail biter.

We've taken some awfully good teams into Cameron and haven't won there in ages, the Wake team going there tomorrow night is just plain awful. I'll still tune in with that slight hope we might do something special, like when we'd play FSU in football pre-2006.

This poll should be can we lose by less than 10 at dook.

Haven't won there since a kid named Duncan played for Wake.

Howard. no.
Paul. no
Teague. no
Johnson. no
AFA. no

It's a race to see if we can win there before Duncan retires or is elected to the NBA HOF.

Back