• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will we beat Duke?

Will we beat Duke

• Total voters
Shocked blackgold voted yes. He (or she, let's not be sexist now) is such a great fan.

I vote no. I am a bad fan. B. A. D. Bad.

Here's my thinking. The team looked as bad as possible in the loss against State. No one could do anything right. It was a failure at all levels. That's not gonna happen again. These guys are gonna bounce back and put together the perfect game.

Here's my thinking. The team looked as bad as possible in the loss against State. No one could do anything right. It was a failure at all levels. That's not gonna happen again. These guys are gonna bounce back and put together the perfect game.

I like your thinking .... But I have been drinking tonight...

How about a more serious question? How much money would you put on Wake beating Duke? No points, no odds, just on the Wake win straight up.

I'm seriously hoping we can score 20 points per half. I'm afraid this game is gonna be U-G-L-Y. And we know what that looks like -- just had a refresher course against State.

Having said that, Go Deacs! Would love to eat my words.

How about a more serious question? How much money would you put on Wake beating Duke? No points, no odds, just on the Wake win straight up.

$0.25

I'm seriously hoping we can score 20 points per half. I'm afraid this game is gonna be U-G-L-Y. And we know what that looks like -- just had a refresher course against State.

Having said that, Go Deacs! Would love to eat my words.

It ain't got no alibi?

Duke has zero threads on their first page (didn't look after that) about our game tonight. So sad.

OK, guys. Here is why it could happen.

Last week Bz said in multiple interviews that he had been talking to the team about the power of the mind. That he and the staff had confidence in them, they just needed to have confidence in themselves. That before you can achieve it, you must conceive it. (all good stuff) He also said during the pregame radio interview with Stan at UMd that he had told the squad that they have just as much talent on the roster as any team in the ACC. (raised my eyebrows a bit)

Anyway, the guys must have bought it and went out against State believing that they were as talented as the Pack. They didnt play hard, didnt cut hard and didnt screen effectively off the ball. They didnt rebound with the intensity that they did against VPI. In short, they played like they thought their talent level was sufficient to get the job done. It wasnt, and the game snowballed out of control.

This team will play better with its back against the wall, embarrassed, feeling like an underdog that nobody believes can compete. (I hope) They come out tonight playing together, matching the intensity of the environment with their resolve to never let what they experienced last Saturday happen again. They shock a Blue Devil team that is looking past them at home.

Do I believe it will happen? No.
Can I conceive it? Well, I just did.

Go Deacs!

He also said during the pregame radio interview with Stan at UMd that he had told the squad that they have just as much talent on the roster as any team in the ACC. (raised my eyebrows a bit)

So much for the Bzzinner argument about our team having no talent. :thumbsup:

I think a miracle will happen and we will win, many of us will all be happy/excited for a few days, and then we will suffer some awful losses. Giving a bit of hope is the Wake Forest way.

I don't believe we will win, but if we somehow did - we would lose to BC worse than we lost to State. Balance.

Back