• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Willing to take on a few Hoops Bets @ 17.5

Whoa... business was booming back in the day:

c07f.png

I got my personalized invitation way before you, NERD

Subject:Link
Sent:3/15/2011 9:07 PM EST
Delete Reply Prev. Message Next Message
Hey man, not sure if you're tracking the new boards at all, but I thought I'd send you the link in case. Launch is Thursday. Have a good one.

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/

WHOA.

PRE-ST PATTY'S DAY?!?!

So apparently the inability to swear on the scout board lead to some pent of aggressive feelings that resulted in many posters challenge others to physical confrontations. I have not received one threat of physical violence since being on these boards, sad.

Subject:New boards
Sent:3/15/2011 11:43 AM EST
Delete Reply Prev. Message Next Message

www.ogboards.com

Check it out and let us know what you think in the suggestions tabs. Please don't release the site to the masses as we don't want it "live" until Thursday. Thanks.

LET'S GOOO

So apparently the inability to swear on the scout board lead to some pent of aggressive feelings that resulted in many posters challenge others to physical confrontations. I have not received one threat of physical violence since being on these boards, sad.

If you just quote Jaybone's every post with the word "JET," he'll eventually do this very thing. I believe he later referred to the JET-ing as "Chinese water torture."

IP Glitch, anyone?

Sent: 3/31/2011

Michael,

Last time we spoke, I really wanted to believe everything you told me. You seem like a stand-up guy and I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

I am afraid I was now played for a fool. Seeing that this same thing happened again tonight is very disheartening, especially after our previous conversations.

I am not sure what to believe or where to go from here.

Best,
Justin

Sent: 3/24/2011

To be honest thisa pisses me off because he assured me he had deleted my login information and evidently he did not. This makes me look like a liar and I am not.

Sent: 4/1/2011

I do not believe that you are posting on his account or that there is a crazy conspiracy going on. That said, I do not fully trust the moderators (not you specifically, more in general) and neither do I trust NCScout.

I do not know why he was on your account or what his intentions were but I am very confident it was far more than an accident. I personally believe that he has purposefully logged into your account for whatever reason, and is forgetting at times to log out.

Why don't you just make things easy and change your password? This would solve all further problems...

Sent: 4/1/2011

Thank you for the kind words. I do not believe Scout did this intentionally as I have known him and been friends for many years and he is an honest man.

Cloud's getting darker for jaybone.

The cloud is VERY dark for Jaybone. If we win the BC game we have an 80% chance of winning AND we win the two tossup games at home (FSU and Clemson), then we still need one more win for him to cover from the other four games. Combined expected value of wins in those four games: .74.

SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE?!?!!

Best post from that post year one thread. And here we are..............

Well, he's got this year and when we suck, he'll stick around because he's got this SICK RECRUITING CLASS coming in.

Then he'll get next year and if we are no good, he'll get a pass because of the relative youth of our scholarship players (sound familiar??)

The year after that, I hope to goodness that Wellman makes him put his money where his mouth is. If we don't make the tourney and nothing happens to him, I will lose my mind.

I thought CMM and the big O were out tonight? Not that it mattered but what was up with the injury report?

Never mind. I really don't give a shit.

The cloud is VERY dark for Jaybone. If we win the BC game we have an 80% chance of winning AND we win the two tossup games at home (FSU and Clemson), then we still need one more win for him to cover from the other four games. Combined expected value of wins in those four games: .74.

yay kenpom!

We will not beat both FSU and Clemson at home. At best we go 1-1.

"Legitimate" is a strong word. I remember starting a thread on the Pit entitled, "Board's Smartest Posters" that featured TheReff, Koobs, and some of our other luminaries, many of whom never made the jump, and Jaybone made a snarky comment about how a better title would have been "Posters Who Agree with My Political Views." Whoosh!

I don't believe this is true. The earliest poll we have (11/2011) shows that 35% of the board was BzzOut, with 20% BzzIn, and 45% undecided. The undecideds included not only posters like yourself and RJ, who certainly seemed to be Bzz supporters at that time, but also moderators like Cookout, TW, and TSY. JackBurden (hell of a guy) was also BzzIn in the board's early days, IIRC.

The perception of this being a BzzOut board comes, quite naturally, from the part played by Irish and DV7--two of our most vocal BzzOut advocates--in founding it. But I'm confident that wasn't the mission of OGBoards from the outset, or any time since; it's simply served as a mouthpiece for those viewpoints while they were being censored and suppressed by Scout. I just went back and pulled the e-mail Irish sent me about the boards--which, I daresay, was considerably more detailed than whatever PM you received--and it doesn't say anything about BzzIn or Out. There was, however, a lot of "In order to attract posters, we need to be different from Scout by..." and that, also naturally, lead to the BzzOut feel in the early days. By this point, any "black or white" feel on the issue simply a reflection of the fanbase as a whole, attributable 99% to Wellzelik and 1% (or less) to this board.

I moved over and was not bzzout. Not because I had any confidence in the guy but just out of principle.

Last edited:
Saying there was no chance that [Redacted] would be fired in under three years was hardly being a "supporter". I gave reasons why this wouldn't happen. I was being a realist.

I set very specific targets that had to met during Year 3. I stated early on that if [Redacted] didn't get to 18 wins last season that he should be fired within 24 hours of the end of the season and if he wasn't Wellman should be fired the next day. After the goal wasn't met, I posted he had to go and so did Wellman for not firing him,

Back