• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Willing to take on a few Hoops Bets @ 17.5

No what you need is an excuse for your internet warrior behavior.

clearly you've never been directly involved with players or you'd understand.

The constant personal attacks get used by opponents to recruit against us. Look at the results.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You are so full of shit, and it's so transparent to everyone but you.

If we would have fired Bzdleik after Year One, we would have been paying THREE coaches the next year. The third one would have had to have been a total scrub.

Plus what decent coach would take a job from which two coaches had been fired in two years? Again the answer no self-respecting coach would take such a job.

After Year Two, we'd still have been paying two coaches for the next two years and the AD would have had an incredibly difficult time convincing a good coach to take the job.

I realize you know soooooooo much about how these things work, but this is the reality.

This is correct except Dino was fired after 3 years, not two. Same point holds for three years though.

You are so full of shit, and it's so transparent to everyone but you.

No you are a fucking idiot who has never talked to HS or AAU coaches (or been one) nor have you have ever dealt with highly recruited players or their families.

You have no fucking and are a typically arrogant internet faux warrior.

This is correct except Dino was fired after 3 years, not two. Same point holds for three years though.

I was talking about had [Redacted] been fired after his first or second year not Dino.

I think RJ's been copy editing his posts more and more. I want to applaud him for that.

My sex life aside... (Having kids will do that to you...)
This should be easy, rj. You claim schools have used personal attacks to recruit negatively against us. Just give me an example of what recruit and what school and what attack. If you have all this insider knowledge, this should be a slam dunk.
And if you're assuming it happened without knowledge of specific cases, that's okay too. Just say so. You're entitled to your opinion and speculation.

A) School X recruits poorly
B) Fans of School X have, at times, made negative comments on Internet websites about recruits of School X
C) B must have caused A

Cool, got it. #Logic

I've been a coach. I've got friends who are coaches at major HS programs and AAU teams. The ONLY way your position makes any sense is to think that God has exempted Wake recruiting from what happens all the time.

You and Kid are clueless about what happens routinely in recruiting.

So you are speculating.
Again, that's fine, but present it as such.
Furthermore, even if what you say is true, it's impossible to separate the effects of any fan unrest on recruiting from those of the recruiting ineptitude of the coaches. So there's not much of a point to be made.
Even furthermore, if there is fan unrest causing negative recruiting, perhaps the AD would be wise to, I don't know, remove the source of the unrest. To blame the fans is to treat the symptom not the disease.

Last edited:
It's not speculation. You just want an out to justify your boorish behavior and ignorance of how the system works.

It's not speculation. You just want an out to justify your boorish behavior and ignorance of how the system works.

I don't need an out for my boorish behavior, mainly because my behavior hasn't been boorish.

Get your own thread.

This is the thread where people load on me after every loss due to the increasing probability I lose my 17.5 win bets. Because everyone loves a little schaudenfreude as long as it doesn't lead to death.

Plus, where is Marquee Moon to turn to espouse cliched bile if he doesn't have this outlet? His family? Leave him this outlet please.

It has been. Whether is recently gone players' families, major current HS programs, AAU coaches or personal experience, you'd have believe that the players Wake recruits live in Candyland, Cumbayah bubble to be excluded from happens to hundreds of others each year.

Your position is irrational and without any basis in reality or personal experience.

I've been a coach. I've got friends who are coaches at major HS programs and AAU teams. The ONLY way your position makes any sense is to think that God has exempted Wake recruiting from what happens all the time.

You and Kid are clueless about what happens routinely in recruiting.

But you are saying it as an absolute and pretending that us bitching on a message board is the sole reason [Redacted] and his staff haven't recruited well. That's fucking insane.

Jesus, you are such a pathetic clown.

Saturday is your day Jay. A loss then will be several nails in the coffin that is your bet.

It has been. Whether is recently gone players' families, major current HS programs, AAU coaches or personal experience, you'd have believe that the players Wake recruits live in Candyland, Cumbayah bubble to be excluded from happens to hundreds of others each year.

Your position is irrational and without any basis in reality or personal experience.

You're going to have to translate Paragraph #1.
You're also going to have to point to a place where I attacked a recent player's family (at least I think that's what you wrote).
In sum... write better and people might understand your alleged expertise.

Back