• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Willing to take on a few Hoops Bets @ 17.5

It's not speculation. You just want an out to justify your boorish behavior and ignorance of how the system works.

You have called [Redacted] the "worst end of game coach in the history of basketball at any level" multiple times. I guarantee that quote has been used against him on the recruiting trail.

I don't have a specific example, but you are foolish if you don't think it has been used. Even Stevie Wonder sees that.

VA, there's nothing more to say. You know everything in spite of not knowing anything personally or hing any direct personal experience.

We have to get back to Jay's losing bets.

I have a hunch we are going to get there and get there via two road wins though when I look at it logically it seems we will be at 16 wins heading down to Miami. It would certainly be fun to be at 17 heading down to Miami for at least four of us though

VA, there's nothing more to say. You know everything in spite of not knowing anything personally or hing any direct personal experience.

We have to get back to Jay's losing bets.

Actually, I really don't know that much. I don't know what this coach said to that player. Neither do you. The difference is I'll actually admit it.
I also understand basic logic, and that the burden of proof is on the one who asserted that something happened. It's not the responsibility if everyone else to prove that something didn't happen.
I also understand that speculation does not equate to fact.
Finally, I also understand that, if there's a problem, a good leader identifies its source and rectifies it.

The constant personal attacks get used by opponents to recruit against us. Look at the results.

Do you know what would be a personal attack against WFU? I'll tell you- not calling for Buzz to be replaced. Anyone who knows anything about life, business, Henry Steele, coaching, math, and/or common sense knew from the first minute that this was a horrible hire. The only thing we didn't know was just how horrible it was.

If I had a kid who was a blue chip player and I thought WFU and its fans were happy with any of this cluster&*%$, I would strike WFU off of the list immediately. At least with outrage, there is a basis to hope things will get better.

You have called [Redacted] the "worst end of game coach in the history of basketball at any level" multiple times. I guarantee that quote has been used against him on the recruiting trail.

I don't have a specific example, but you are foolish if you don't think it has been used. Even Stevie Wonder sees that.

No, see it doesn't work that way. Rj can say whatever he wants because he knows shit. Or something like that.

The logic is i've been around this longer than you've been alive. I've been in personal touch with players, families and coaches. The only way your position makes any sense is if there has been a law passed since Jeff [Redacted] took over as coach that Wake recruits are exempted from such actions.

Just like Jay and the Deacs have a chance versus F$U on Saturday. Since SamIAm played at F$U, I have probably been wrong 90+% of the time in picking their games.

I love how rj was all sanctimonious about how criticism was ruining the program until the moment he turned on [Redacted], then it was hunky dory to say negative stuff.

Now that [Redacted]'s term is coming close to ending, he is positioning himself to be sanctimonious again.

The logic is i've been around this longer than you've been alive. I've been in personal touch with players, families and coaches. The only way your position makes any sense is if there has been a law passed since Jeff [Redacted] took over as coach that Wake recruits are exempted from such actions.

Just like Jay and the Deacs have a chance versus F$U on Saturday. Since SamIAm played at F$U, I have probably been wrong 90+% of the time in picking their games.

Appeal to emotion or argumentum ad passiones is a logical fallacy which uses the manipulation of the recipient's emotions, rather than valid logic, to win an argument. The appeal to emotion fallacy uses emotions as the basis of an argument's position without factual evidence that logically supports the major ideas endorsed by the elicitor of the argument. Also, this kind of thinking may be evident in one who lets emotions and/or other subjective considerations influence one's reasoning process. This kind of appeal to emotion is a type of red herring and encompasses several logical fallacies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_emotion

I just don't see how Wake gets to 18 wins. Wake could win at Miami, but even with that as a win they need to beat both FSU and Clemson at home as well as BC.

We're more likely to win 0 games than 1 game against Maryland and UNC so I'll say that's not going to yield a victory. Duke is the hottest team in the nation and we're certainly not beating them.

Based on KP's current odds, we have a 3.6% chance of going 4-0 against Miami, FSU, Clemson, and BC. I guess that's a shot for JayBone. On the flip side though we have a 5.9% chance of going 0-4 against those four teams.

Hell we have a 3.4% chance of losing out.

Last edited:
There is a huge difference between now and two or three years ago, but I wouldn't expect some of you to understand it.

I just don't see how Wake gets to 18 wins. Wake could win at Miami, but even with that as a win they need to beat both FSU and Clemson at home as well as BC.

We're more likely to win 0 games than 1 game against Maryland and UNC so I'll say that's not going to yield a victory. Duke is the hottest team in the nation and we're certainly not beating them.

Based on KP's current odds, we have a 3.6% chance of going 4-0 against Miami, FSU, Clemson, and BC. I guess that's a shot for JayBone. On the flip side though we have a 5.9% chance of going 0-4 against those four teams.

Hell we have a 3.4% chance of losing out.

We should have one lock win - BC

Miami is going to be tough down there.

Maybe if I say F$U is going to wipe the floor with us, we'll win as I almost never right about them.

MD has underachieved, but they are still better than we are.

Clemson handled us pretty well.

2e1rtx4.png
[/IMG]

There is a huge difference between now and two or three years ago, but I wouldn't expect some of you to understand it.

You started well before now.

And the huge difference is that you changed your mind about [Redacted].

You want to know why nobody takes anything you say seriously, this thread is a good example.

No there's not. Bz sucked then and sucks now. The only difference is some of us knew earlier than others. You changing your mind doesn't make the situation any different.

Back