• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wilson NC

I seriously wouldn't take the job if I couldn't see clear path out of that shithole in under three years.

seriously? if you live in knightdale (40 minutes) or zebulon (30 minutes) its under an hour but if you live downtown you are an hour out.

I live about as downtown as you can get and it takes me about 50 minutes. 10 of those minutes are getting to 440 from downtown. Living in N. Hills cuts that off. That said, commuting with 440 traffic will lengthen the time.

seriously? if you live in knightdale (40 minutes) or zebulon (30 minutes) its under an hour but if you live downtown you are an hour out.

Really? Sounds like you have more experience with the Raleigh to Wilson commute - must take a lot of time to get from somewhere in Raleigh to 64 and then more time than I remember to get from 264 to somewhere in Wilson. I do the High Point to Greenville trip a LOT and I can do that in two and a half hours easy, with the stretch from Raleigh to Wilson making up about 35 minutes of it (70 MPH speed limit the whole way, which of course means 80). Heck, I get from Grenville to Chapel Hill in an hour and a half. Raleigh traffic must suck more than I imagined. ;)

Really? Sounds like you have more experience with the Raleigh to Wilson commute - must take a lot of time to get from somewhere in Raleigh to 64 and then more time than I remember to get from 264 to somewhere in Wilson. I do the High Point to Greenville trip a LOT and I can do that in two and a half hours easy, with the stretch from Raleigh to Wilson making up about 35 minutes of it (70 MPH speed limit the whole way, which of course means 80). Heck, I get from Grenville to Chapel Hill in an hour and a half. Raleigh traffic must suck more than I imagined. ;)

the traffic isnt atlanta traffic by any means but during rush hour 440 and 40 are both pretty slow.

Wilson isn't the worst place in Eastern NC, but it's close.

I can get from my house (just outside the beltline) to Greenville in just over an hour, so a commute to Wilson should be in the 40-45 minute range from NE Raleigh/Wake Forest.

Wilson isn't the worst place in Eastern NC, but it's close.

I can get from my house (just outside the beltline) to Greenville in just over an hour, so a commute to Wilson should be in the 40-45 minute range from NE Raleigh/Wake Forest.

I have a friend who lives in Goldsboro working with the crazies. At least I'm not her.

i live halfway between downtown and north hills and love it-- it's close to work for me and only about a 5 minute drive to "fun". if i didn't live here, i'd probably pick somewhere near cameron village for ease of walk-ability, or maybe glenwood south for a little while since my social life has been somewhat of a priority lately. i'm actually thinking of buying one of the condos in the bishop's park areas- if you can find a rental in that area i'd go for it. walkable to both downtown and cameron village and right off of fred fletcher park.

The few times I've been out in Glenwood, I've not been that impressed. But I was with people that didn't know the Raleigh bar scene all that well and neither do I. I'm more of a hole in the wall, dive bar, play pool guy.

Driving 45 minutes or so is ok with me. Anything much more than that is out though.

Wilson might be my favorite city in the state for good eats. Between Parkers, Bills, Dick’s Hot Dogs mmmmmmm, get fatter just thinking about it.

I've always been a Parker's guy but Bill's is also quite the gluttony experience.

BD or Sandoz? For your sake, I hope you say BD (both are clients of ours).

Definitely commute from Raleigh. I'd look at the Knightdale area. It's a quick drive to get downtown, but it cuts your commute down to 30-40 minutes. FWIW, it takes me 40 minutes from SE Raleigh.

Can anyone recommend a roofing company in the Wilson area? Or one that would come out from Raleigh?

Thanks.

Great "Cue in the vicinity...and of course I-95 is nearby.

Sad I missed this thread originally. Great stuff.

Back