• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Winning Out (Regular Season)

Should/Shouldn't - Would/Wouldn't

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
Winning are last 3 games should/shouldn't save Bzzz's job, winning the last 3 games would/wouldn't save Bzzz's job.

Need 2 wins to have the best record in Winston-Salem. WSSU is at 16-10 and done with their season. C'mon Bz!! Let's get motivated!!

From the recent noticeable public silence from Ron Wellman, as of late... it's a done deal. Nothing more that he can do (short of an ACC championship and/or Final Four) to save his job.

To quote BabyDeac:

"Tick, tock, tick, tock."

Missing an option.. It shouldn't but it would. (I have no faith anymore).

Winning over Duke would give him wins over the other 3 ACC schools, that with a win or two in the ACCT would be enough for Wellman to hang his hat on and bring Bz back, I think.

Still not sure that Bz would be willing to come back for another year, however.

Need 2 wins to have the best record in Winston-Salem. WSSU is at 16-10 and done with their season. C'mon Bz!! Let's get motivated!!

(avatar) you went from lectro to this?

i am concerned

Really the only acceptable answers are "it shouldn't and would" and "it shouldn't and wouldn't"

At this point even Wellman is probably hoping that Bzzz doesn't go on a miracle run and win out or make the finals of the ACC tournament to get to the NCAA's. The coaching search wheels and impending change are already well in motion. It would be extremely awkward for him to backtrack on everything that's gone down the last 6 weeks or so to retain Bzzz. It would also look extremely bad for his image to fire Bzzz after a magical NCAA tournament appearance...Wake would become known for firing their coaches for actually making the big dance. It's actually best for everyone that [Redacted] just keep being [Redacted] for the next two weeks.

Wellman has not said anything in support of Bz this entire year and his silence tells us everything you need to know. Last year he was in full support mode.

I don't remember Wellman backing [Redacted] publicly last year until after the season was over and he went on his idiotic PR crusade to all the local TV stations.

Amazing to me how one win, at home, over a marginal ACC team is stoking speculation that somehow we will beat duke next week and/or go on a miraculous run winning 3-4 games in a row in the ACC tournament. What has anybody on these boards seen from this team and coach that makes this outcome seem remotely possible?

Sure, we will probably beat BC cause they suck, and might pull off an elusive road win against Miami because they are a basement dweller, but even that seems unlikely. We might even beat our Wednesday ACC basement dweller opponent just because we suck slightly less than they do, yippee! But the thought that we would then go on to beat a better Thursday opponent and a Duke/UNC/Cuse/UVA on Friday is a laughable notion at best. I give that scenario a less than 1% chance of happening.

Bottom line is we are stumbling to the end of another dismal season under Bzzz, one where we will finish in the bottom third of the ACC for a fourth straight year. Bzzzz has had his time with his people and there is zero improvement on the court, combined with a fan base that is unanimous in wanting his ouster.

Bzzzz is good as gone. There is nothing left for Wellman to spin at this point when it comes to our performance on the court. The culture has been "fixed." It's time to move on. Even Wellman knows it.

Back