• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WNBA Sucks: Discuss

I think he's saying women on our women's team could make the WNBA and our women's team sucks so that says something about the quality of the players in the WNBA.

The fact that you guys didn't even consider he was talking about the women's team instead of the men's team says a lot about women's basketball, though.

And of course, I could be totally misinterpreting what he was saying too.

ESPN scrolling women's college basketball scores is one of my biggest pet peeves. Drives me nuts.

I can't even count the number of times I've gone "What! Team X is ranked??? Oh, Women's college basketball..." then began waiting for some real scores to show.

Yeah, they did a promo during the ESPN 24 Hour basketball marathon that included #7 Miami playing someone. Nothing on the screen to indicate it was women's hoops. Very annoying.

I think he's saying women on our women's team could make the WNBA and our women's team sucks so that says something about the quality of the players in the WNBA.

The fact that you guys didn't even consider he was talking about the women's team instead of the men's team says a lot about women's basketball, though.

And of course, I could be totally misinterpreting what he was saying too.

maybe, but he did say we had players that could make a WNBA team, then talked about the women's team.........

maybe ph can explain it since he got it.

little help?

I think ph interpreted it the same way you and ITC did, he just thought it was funny.

The joke only works if - when you read the first sentence - you just think of Wake's women's team. But when you say "our team", everyone automatically thinks of the men's team, even in the context of a discussion about the WNBA. That's how irrelevant women's basketball is.

Back