• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WNBA Sucks: Discuss

The NBA must sink a boatload of money into that thing. I don't see how it's still around.

They inexplicably made a trick shot video without any trick shots. And nobody responsible for the video (like, marketing or PR, I guess?) seemed to notice or care.

This happened in 2002... 6 years after the league began. Basic play becomes greatest achievement for the sport at that time.

This happened in 2002... 6 years after the league began. Basic play becomes greatest achievement for the sport at that time.

I know and they acted like it was the biggest thing to happen in basketball since Naismith hung a couple of peach baskets. :rulz:

Two things:

The WNBA touts that fact that it plays the game the right way below the rim with good fundmentals and then when a player happens to barely dunk a ball they go apeshit about it.

I hate the fact the local newspaper feels the need to devote as much space to the women's NCAA tournament as the men's even providing brackets like people are rushing to fill out their picks.

The NBA must sink a boatload of money into that thing. I don't see how it's still around.

I think Simmons said in an article in July that if the NBA is serious about making money they should cut ties with the WNBA because they look dumb saying they won't drop their offers while losing a shit ton of money on women's basketball

ESPN scrolling women's college basketball scores is one of my biggest pet peeves. Drives me nuts.

They should definitely be in pink. I saw a UConn score that was like 42-3 over FDU or something and I was like WHAT IS THIS MADNESS. Only to see it was women.

They were up 44-5 at halftime, FDU didn't make a field goal for the first 13 minutes.

Paging FSU

In case you don't want to watch it to the end: "...it was nicer because she picked it up with one hand a la Michael... Jordan?"

In case you don't want to watch it to the end: "...it was nicer because she picked it up with one hand a la Michael... Jordan?"
Holy shit. After reading that, I watched to the end thinking "There's no way that was his inflection." And it totally was.

How could a professional basketball coach, of either gender, not know Michael Jordan's name?

Last edited:
I had to watch it twice because I couldn't believe I heard it right. Even people who don't watch or can't stand basketball know exactly who Jordan is.

They should definitely be in pink. I saw a UConn score that was like 42-3 over FDU or something and I was like WHAT IS THIS MADNESS. Only to see it was women.

That's why it irritates me when people want to bring Pat Summit's name up so quick when talking about all-time coaching wins. The women's game is so much less competitive than the men's game. There are at most 10 women's team that can compete with one another in any given year. I like Pat Summit and I'm saddened about her dementia, but it's just not comparable.

Holy shit. After reading that, I watched to the end thinking "There's no way that was his inflection." And it totally was.

How could a professional basketball coach, of either gender, not know Michael Jordan's name?

That looked like Michael Cooper, who won a few rings with the Showtime Lakers. Great defensive player with a funky shot that could bury on occasional 3. Michael...Jordan instead of Michael...Cooper.

skip to about 1:50 and then to about 2:38 for the replay so that you don't have to watch anymore WNBA than necessar

How the fuck do you forget Michael Jordan's name? He remembered the first name like, "I know it's Michael...something, but Michael who?...."

oh yeah. It's Michael FUCKING Jordan. lol

Back