• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women are insane

greekdeac2011

Reaction score
This is kind of a rant and advice needed thread.

So I posted about this girl I was hanging out with in the #shewomanmanhatersclub a few weeks ago about taking her to a wedding. Well, I did that and we have continued to hang out since. Last night, we went out and I was invited over for happy hour to meet a friend and she said she wanted to go too. So she did. I had been telling my friends we were not dating, but after a few drinks last night, they started asking her if we were dating, etc, etc. She didn't say anything about it last night, but this morning she texted me and said we shouldn't hang out anymore except in group settings, which we've never ever done, because she didn't want everyone in our social circles thinking we were dating. I basically told her I wanted no part in that because we never hung out with groups anyway.

But really, if she is so worried about it, why did she volunteer to go to a wedding with me? Constantly want to hang out? Get all touchy feeling in public? Post pictures of us kissing on facebook and tag ourselves in them? Is she just an idiot thinking no one would think we were dating? Whatever, I told her I wanted no part in some game, and if she was that embarrassed according to what some other people think, then she should really stop hanging out with me period.

Granted, this is my friends fault too for getting drunk and acting like that, but still. She's acting like a child. Don't fucking ask me to hang out and don't act like you're my girlfriend if you're so horrified at that idea.

Um, from what I could gather from your very well-composed post... yes, she's a bit off in her requests. I think you did the right thing in saying 'all or nothing', especially if the group thing hasn't been part of anything up until this point.

and wtf - you guys are definitely dating or something if you're hanging out, kissing, and attending weddings. she might not be your GIRLFRIEND, but you're definitely 'together' in some way.

Um, from what I could gather from your very well-composed post... yes, she's a bit off in her requests. I think you did the right thing in saying 'all or nothing', especially if the group thing hasn't been part of anything up until this point.

and wtf - you guys are definitely dating or something if you're hanging out, kissing, and attending weddings. she might not be your GIRLFRIEND, but you're definitely 'together' in some way.

I don't know what we are. I am not looking for a relationship right now, and she knows that, and my friends know that. We haven't defined it. But no way am I doing the "only in groups" deal. Hell, last night we were in a group and that's what caused this thing. Also, she has never been in a serious relationship before, which probably explains everything and why she's acting like a 2 year old. If she wants to be friends or whatever, fine, but anything less like some half-assed "only in groups" deal is a no go. I gave her that ultimatum and she hasn't responded, but I told her I'd respect her a lot more if she just said she no longer likes me instead of doing it because my "friends think we're dating."

There could be some underlying reverse psychology going on, as well.

She could even be doing it subconsciously... but I could see a girl questioning in her own mind whether or not you were dating last night (after your friends did), and after letting it fester in her lady-mind for 12 hours decided on either (a.) making you chase/reassure her or (b.) going on a premptive offense because she thought you were going to say the same thing to her.

There could be some underlying reverse psychology going on, as well.

She could even be doing it subconsciously... but I could easily see the girl questioning in her own mind whether or not you were dating last night (after your friends did), and after letting it fester in her lady-mind for 12 hours decided on either (a.) making you chase/reassure her or (b.) going on a premptive offense because she thought you were going to say the same thing to her

i agree with vt. she's trying to figure out where you really stand by forcing you to make a decision.

Posting pictures of you making out to FB? That's so gay.

I made my decision. I told her no half-friends, and I told her I am not the type to chase people if they feel like she does. If she's expecting me to tell her I actually want to date, she's crazy. I didn't get into asking her why she wants to hang out with me so badly if she's so embarrassed at people thinking we are together. I figure that would end up causing a real fight. Hell, we went to a wedding together where 300 people assumed we were together.

Whatever, she left town for the weekend, so I won't talk to her again till Monday. She needs to answer me though on my ultimatum. She can't just ignore it.

From the OP, I'm saying that's actually a probability.

Regardless, your play here is to act like you don't care. Buy yourself some time to further analyze what's going on & wait to see if the (positive) contradicting moves she's been making persist (or even accelerate) the next few times you talk to/see her. If they don't, that's when you cut the line & rebait the hook.

From the OP, I'm saying that's actually a probability.

Regardless, your play here is to act like you don't care. Buy yourself some time to further analyze what's going on & wait to see if the (positive) contradicting moves she's been making persist (or even accelerate) the next few times you talk to/see her. If they don't, that's when you cut the line & rebait the hook.

What positive contradicting moves? Saying only hanging out in groups when the group is what caused the problem? You don't actually think she wants me to tell her I want to date by acting like this, do you? I do suspect she is instigating a chase by canceling all of the activities we were supposed to do next week/month, but I won't fall into that trap.

i am so glad i don't have to deal with this shit anymore;

instead, i have to deal with all kinds of other shit

greekdeac11, i can tell that you are a young bro like myself. this is what you need to do:

YOU LIVE IN CHARLESTON, CRAZY. THERE ARE PLENTY OF COOL FUN GIRLS THAT ARE DOWN TO PARTY IN THAT TOWN. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT ONE GIRL. THE SHOTGUN METHOD IS YOUR BEST FRIEND HERE, SON. IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE PROBLEMS, I WILL DRIVE DOWN FROM MB AND WINGMAN FOR YOU.

just got the moped tag

Last edited:
images

I'm just going to assume she's posting pictures of you kissing on facebook and your avatar is her and neither of you can admit you're dating

Back