• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Womens ACC Tournament: Wake Loses in Semis

ProbationDeac

Reaction score
I honestly don't follow our women's team closely at all other then occasionally glancing at their schedule. This morning I read the article in the WSJ where Peterson said he thought the NCAA tournament had a reason to include us if we beat Va Tech today and Miami tomorrow. Anyone know how true that is and how likely are we to defeat Miami? I know we beat Va Tech a week ago.

Looks like we play at 6pm today.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like we have any quality wins. Miami would be one for sure, but that alone isn't probably enough

Agreed. Our RPI is something like 97 and we really don't have a big time win. We don't have any really bad losses. We lost to Howard who finished 2nd in the Meac and the only team we lost to that finished below us in the ACC standings is State. Looks like another WNIT visit.

If Wake wins tonight and beats a top 10 Miami team tomorrow we would most likely make the tournament.

I don't know if just Miami would do it with that RPI. might have to make the finals.

We will probably drop in the RPI beating VT they are so bad.

I don't know if just Miami would do it with that RPI. might have to make the finals.

We will probably drop in the RPI beating VT they are so bad.

True....we will make the WNIT this year and maybe build off that going into next season where we need to make the NCAA's for the first time in 20+ years. [ Joe Sanchez days I believe ]

Lady Deacs win 80-74, play Miami tomorrow. 4 straight years we have won at least 1 game.

Lady Deacs win 80-74, play Miami tomorrow. 4 straight years we have won at least 1 game.

I heard that on tv. didn't realize we'd won our opening ACCT game so often. Hope the guys do it next week.

Always a chance....# 1 Duke just went down to defeat 75-73 to NC State

Wake beating Miami would be massive. State may be able to break into the tourney with that win.

Back