• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's Volleyball

ChrisL68

Riley Skinner
Reaction score
A program that has rivaled women's basketball for being consistently at the bottom of the ACC is currently 4-2 in league play. seems like the coach after the scandal guy has a good resume and it is starting to pay dividends.

they deserve a shout out.

Takes awhile to build a program yet so hard to know if you’re wasting your time waiting. Sounds like AD got this one right.

I have no idea what it takes to make the NCAA tournament in women's volleyball. I somehow fell down a rabbit hole about Wake volleyball in the last year. There are hardly any meaningful records available about the team, but the only time it looks like we may have made the top tier national tournament was 1975 (which seems to pre-date volleyball's addition to the NCAA).

The ACC doesn't even have a tournament anymore. So yeah....no idea what is good or not (other than the fact that we have clearly not been good), but it does seem that we're at least middle of the pack in the conference.

Picture is worth 1000 words. Go Deacs.
Team_Photo_1.jpg

I have no idea what it takes to make the NCAA tournament in women's volleyball. I somehow fell down a rabbit hole about Wake volleyball in the last year. There are hardly any meaningful records available about the team, but the only time it looks like we may have made the top tier national tournament was 1975 (which seems to pre-date volleyball's addition to the NCAA).

The ACC doesn't even have a tournament anymore. So yeah....no idea what is good or not (other than the fact that we have clearly not been good), but it does seem that we're at least middle of the pack in the conference.

And it pre-dates Wake restarting the volleyball program in the mid-90s.

57 in rpi. guessing 45ish is ncaa cutoff?

Yet we somehow got to experience Trina Maso de Moya. Legend. One of the all-time great Wake athletes.

Tough 3-2 loss at ND just now. Had a few good runs but could close out with a lead in the 5th set.

Yet we somehow got to experience Trina Maso de Moya. Legend. One of the all-time great Wake athletes.
I had a big crush on Natasha Schaefer back in the day. I think she married Ryan Solle so definitely out of my league because he was a boss

She was no Maggiedinho, but those were good years at wake

Huge news. First national postseason tournament for Volleyball since 1981.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – For the first time in program history, Wake Forest volleyball will participate in the National Invitational Volleyball Championship (NIVC) postseason tournament, hosting the first two rounds of play in Reynolds Gymnasium.

The Demon Deacons will face the Coppin State Eagles in round one of tournament play on Friday (Dec. 2) at 6 p.m. ET. Additionally, the team will host a neutral match between Davidson and North Dakota State earlier during that same Friday afternoon at 3 p.m. ET. The winners of each first round match will face each other on Saturday (Dec. 3) at 4 p.m. ET.

Great for them! So this is like the volleyball NIT?

Reading the article now on GoDeacs.com. There isn’t even an ACC volleyball tourney? I didn’t know that.

there is reason for optimism in this program.

We were not terrible when I was in school and matches in Reynolds could be very fun and loud/rowdy.

Emma is a heck of a libero and Crawford is a great outside hitter as well. Good things ahead under Coach Smart for Deacon volleyball!

1st round vs. Coppin State coming up at 6 on the ESPN app.

Back