• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's Volleyball

this team was 8-6, up 2-0 over UNC at home and with a huge favorable schedule that should see then finish 11-7 in the ACC at worst and they lose out and go 8-10. The combined conference record of the last 4 teams we played, including going 4-0 against us, was 21-47. Out of all of the Wake Foresty that we have ever had to endure,that might be the most Wake Foresty ever.

You are spot on. Letting UNC come back on our senior night & then the Notre Dame loss were soul-crushers.

Shame to see the team become a shell of itself for the finale.

Is WF hitting the VB portal or is WF getting poached by others?

I do think it is bad when any player or coach transfers within conference, though I guess that is more unavoidable the larger the conferences grow.

I do think it is bad when any player or coach transfers within conference, though I guess that is more unavoidable the larger the conferences grow.
It's unfair to tell an athlete they shouldn't transfer to 1/4 to 1/5 of the major programs in their sport.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be allowed, I just don't like it. For players or coaches.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be allowed, I just don't like it. For players or coaches.
Why would it be bad for players? Because you'll have to play against your old teammates? You (most likely) get to stay in a similar geographic region of the country. You already have an understanding of the level of play within that conference. You probably already know your new teammates to some degree.

I can certainly see an argument that it's bad for fans, but to me it seems more likely to be good for players than bad

It's unfair to tell an athlete they shouldn't transfer to 1/4 to 1/5 of the major programs in their sport.
The thing is that after football and men's basketball (and to a lesser extent, women's hoop and baseball), there probably aren't many programs that will pay big NIL money to players in less prominent NCAA sports. This past year, Nebraska had 92,000 fans at a volleyball game at the Husker football stadium (see below).

31neb-volleyball-twmg-videoSixteenByNine3000.jpg

So, Nebraska has the fan support and devotes attention to volleyball that results in NIL money. Agree that inside the conference transfers feel icky (Hartman to ND felt weird enough), but there are probably only a handful of volleyball programs that throw around major NIL cash to players and prospects; so, a game changing VB player from Minnesota either transfers to Nebraska or they got essentially peanuts for NIL money.

This also goes to show that isn't much do in Nebraska.

Last edited:
Back