• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's Volleyball

Deacs lose 3-2. Epic collapse. That’s the kind of loss that keeps a bubble team out of the tournament.

They must have all remembered what name was on the front of their jersey.

It’s pretty crazy because on Sunday these two teams played and it was the exact opposite of today. It was at UNC, Carolina won the first two sets and then collapsed and Wake won the next three and the match.

Volleyball closes the season playing teams that are RPI killers whether we win or lose. Not good.

ND won 3-2. Wake was down to #44 in the RPI. ND is #135. They're down to 17-10, 8-8. Looks like they're firmly on the bubble.

ND won 3-2. Wake was down to #44 in the RPI. ND is #135. They're down to 17-10, 8-8. Looks like they're firmly on the bubble.
RPI #’s 45, 46, 47 are all ACC schools who won tonight. WF will move down and will be the 8th rated ACC school in RPI.

That should just about do it.

RPI #’s 45, 46, 47 are all ACC schools who won tonight. WF will move down and will be the 8th rated ACC school in RPI.

That should just about do it.
Bummer. They're close, but those losses when up 2 sets to 0 will be the difference. This is one of the best volleyball teams we have ever had (I realize that's not saying much since it is probably the least accomplished sport at Wake). Hopefully coach Smart can keep building.

and then turned around and lost at 2-13 VT. This team was looking so great before they pulled a Wake Forest.

Wishing good luck to the ladies today against BC; win the match and they'll finish .500 (9-9) in conference play. Go Deacs! 4:00 today on ACC Network extra.

Bummer. They're close, but those losses when up 2 sets to 0 will be the difference. This is one of the best volleyball teams we have ever had (I realize that's not saying much since it is probably the least accomplished sport at Wake). Hopefully coach Smart can keep building.

I'm confident that she will.

I spoke with her for a few minutes at the NC State football game, and could not have been more impressed.

3-1 loss to BC.

this team was 8-6, up 2-0 over UNC at home and with a huge favorable schedule that should see then finish 11-7 in the ACC at worst and they lose out and go 8-10. The combined conference record of the last 4 teams we played, including going 4-0 against us, was 21-47. Out of all of the Wake Foresty that we have ever had to endure,that might be the most Wake Foresty ever.

Back