• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's Volleyball

I'm really surprised there isn't more of a following (and, online presence) for these games.

The atmosphere has been awesome, and for anybody that hasn't attended a D1 volleyball game in person... it's a great sport to watch.

Friday will be a great matchup against Clemson @ 6 p.m.

Sunday will likely be much tougher @ 1 p.m. against Georgia Tech.

Both at home (Reynolds). Free.

I'm really surprised there isn't more of a following (and, online presence) for these games.

The atmosphere has been awesome, and for anybody that hasn't attended a D1 volleyball game in person... it's a great sport to watch.

Friday will be a great matchup against Clemson @ 6 p.m.

Sunday will likely be much tougher @ 1 p.m. against Georgia Tech.

Both at home (Reynolds). Free.
If they sustain some success then more people will follow. They’ve been one of the worst programs in the country for my entire life.

p.s. GT has been on an absolute tear this year. IMO, they are under-ranked at #11.

Would be great to take at least a set off of them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231001-120557.png
    Screenshot_20231001-120557.png
    458.4 KB · Views: 18
Tuned in late, but a good effort there in the 5th, even if coming up a little short.

Lost 15-12 in the 5th set. Tough loss. 22-25, 25-22, 22-25, 25-21, 12-15. Hard to get much closer than that.

I think I posted this a couple years ago but apparently there’s no ACC tournament for volleyball which is a bit of an anomaly it seems. And also we don’t even have any info on the NCAAT since we’ve never even been close it looks like from the media guide

Today was a hard watch.... but, absolute proof that the program has arrived.

I think it was 108-106 total points
3+ hours of fight.

GT is going to compete for a national championship... and we're right there with them.

Our team's composure is cool to witness.

It's not unlike the '23 baseball season, in that it's generationally unchartered for the program... but, everybody involved acts like we've been there before...

I think this team will make the NCAAT.

If you doubt it, please... just watch a match.

I've watched a handful of matches - it's really cool to see the support they are getting at Reynolds. It was bumpin' on Friday and yesterday.

Let's keep up the pace we've set so far - I think there are some good chance to rack up the wins the next two weeks.

We went 2-2 against teams that are combined 10-2 against other ACC teams so far. We need to rack up wins against all the lower level teams

I've been following college women's volleyball for several seasons. Attendance and TV viewing is increasing. These young women do amazing things on the court. I'd like to see the Deacs get some big wins and make the NCAA. Next season might even bring a match with Stanford! That match would have to be in Joel. State took down Louisville yesterday. The All Coast Conference [ACC] needs to put some serious development into this sport.

Back