• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Group C Discussion (COL, IVR, GRE, JAP)

This is the most entertaining match involving Greece in 15 years. Holy shit.

They're better (at least from an entertainment perspective) under this guy than Rehagel(sp). That was the worst

Ref has been in total control of the game. Almost too much so honestly. Pretty much every fall in the midfield gets a call for either team.

I just ask refs to be consistent in how they call the game. Geiger has been consistent with calling the ticky-tacky fouls, so I'm ok with it.

Problem with Greece is they're just too methodical going forward. Doesn't really matter how many players Colombia sends forward because Greece shows no interest or ability to break quickly the other way.

I haven't seen anything from Colombia that should scare MY Blue Samurai.

I haven't seen anything from Colombia that should scare MY Blue Samurai.

I've been a little underwhelmed by both Colombia and Chile. Both look good going forward but suspect in the back against mediocre competition. Home field advantage a huge boost though.

Colombia will get Fredy Guarin back for the rest of the WC

I've been a little underwhelmed by both Colombia and Chile. Both look good going forward but suspect in the back against mediocre competition. Home field advantage a huge boost though.

After that first goal went in they sat back. Agree they have a creaky D, but they played conservatively as well and that contributed to what you saw.

Didn't know how well Colombia would respond without Falcao. Pretty well is the answer. Liked what I saw from them - 3 pretty goals, 1 great save and nice kits. Definitely rooting for them going forward. And I hope Greece loses all 3 of their games.

Looking forward to Japan/Cote d'Ivoire tonight.

Santiago Solari is fucking awful. ESPN just need to give up on him.

Back