• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Group C Discussion (COL, IVR, GRE, JAP)

I was surprised at how average Japan looked that half. Luckily for them, Honda showed some individual magic and they have the lead.

How long until the elephants bring Drogba off the bench and pray he can convert one of the increasing chances they are getting?

Yeah, I don't blame you at all as he was God awful at Arsenal. Just saying he was very good for Roma this past season.

I was surprised at how average Japan looked that half. Luckily for them, Honda showed some individual magic and they have the lead.

How long until the elephants bring Drogba off the bench and pray he can convert one of the increasing chances they are getting?

Really? Thought both of Japan's outside backs were excellent at closing down Ivory Coast's chances that half and the two CBs did their jobs as well. Hasebe and Yamaguchi are doing a fine job charging down shots from outside the area as well.

Kagawa was a disappointment and needs to get more involved in the play; far too much of a spectator so far when Japan gets the ball forward.

Well, I really only started watching at Honda's goal. From that point forward, I thought CIV was much more dangerous. Yes, Japan did a decent job of closing down CIV's attacks, but the attacks seemed to become more and more frequent as the half went on.

Well, I really only started watching at Honda's goal. From that point forward, I thought CIV was much more dangerous. Yes, Japan did a decent job of closing down CIV's attacks, but the attacks seemed to become more and more frequent as the half went on.

CIV have had 14 shots... only 2 on target. They aren't really threatening Japan's goal, IMO. Kawashima certainly hasn't looked worried about any of the shots he's faced tonight so far.

Whoa. Serey Die off for Drogba. Aggressive sub for CIV. 4 forwards on the pitch now for the Africans.

Gervinho had Drogba open back post.

The problem is Gerboue cannot look up and dribble.

Aurier finally gets a runner for one of those crosses.

Hell of a headed finish by Bony. Aurier with another wicked, whipped in cross.

That had been coming for so long. DV and I saw the same stats and my thought was that with that many chances, they are bound to get some on goal and in sooner or later.

Excuse my noob question... By why wouldn't Drogba start? Isn't he their studliest stud?

I've always loved Derek Rae's voice. Reminds me of watching the CL back in the day.

Aurier again with another cross.

Gerboue heads in with his enormous forehead.

Back