• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Group F Discussion (ARG, BOS, IRA, NIG)

Fair enough. Still think it is a mistake. He is switching because he doesn't have Higuain?

For the record, I agree with you that it looks like Sabella is out-thinking himself by switching his tactics so late. It's not like Lavezzi is shit and can't be trusted to produce!

I'm going to stick my neck out...way out...

Bosnia 4 - 3 Argentina.

BqM3QXFCEAAQl55.jpg:large

Live shot from Brcko, Bosnia. They aren't messing around.

My parents, sister, nephew, and brother-in-law are flying over to Italy as I type. I told them if they don't go to a fan center for one of Italy's matches that I will disown them.

God, that would be so much fun.

Fair enough. Still think it is a mistake. He is switching because he doesn't have Higuain?

I don't disagree that its a mistake. Sabella is no LvG and the Dutch at least made the switch prior to their warmup friendlies. Argentina played 3-4-3 against Slovenia in their last game without Higuain in the lineup. A curious decision but I'd guess Sabella is rightfully scared of what Bosnia's attack is capable of and went conservative.

I don't disagree that its a mistake. Sabella is no LvG and the Dutch at least made the switch prior to their warmup friendlies. Argentina played 3-4-3 against Slovenia in their last game without Higuain in the lineup. A curious decision but I'd guess Sabella is rightfully scared of what Bosnia's attack is capable of and went conservative.

I think Sabella out-thought himself.

Play to your own strengths when you have the more talented players, don't alter your shape to suit your less talented opponent.

so from what i've gathered, bosnia kinda plays balls to the wall?

They certainly did in qualifying and their manager said that they wouldn't change at the World Cup....

but coming up against an attacking front of Messi and Aguero seems to have shrunk his balls a bit in terms of how he set up his side. Looks, to me, like they are going to try and counter-attack instead of just throwing guys forward at any opportunity.

Yes, that is way, way out there. For all their frailness on D, Argentina still gave up only 15 goals in qualifying - which was 2nd best.

Bosnia did manage 4 goals against Latvia. They do attack. But four goals?

Pjanic is good for a hatty himself! MIRALEM!

Not truly but their attackers are significantly more talented than their defense. They led Europe in goals scored in qualifying.

Chile would be my definition of balls to the wall.

Roberto Martinez as the color commentator? Awesome. Just absolutely awesome. Love listening to him describing what he has seen in the studio and looking forward to his views live during the match.

This hyping of Messi is annoying me. Greatest footballer ever? He isn't even the greatest Argentinian footballer ever. Nor is he currently the world's greatest active footballer. That guy plays tomorrow.

Wat

Roberto Martinez as the color commentator? Awesome. Just absolutely awesome. Love listening to him describing what he has seen in the studio and looking forward to his views live during the match.

Yep, he's fantastic

Derek Rae makes me feel like I'm watching Champions League circa 2000's. It's great.

This hyping of Messi is annoying me. Greatest footballer ever? He isn't even the greatest Argentinian footballer ever. Nor is he currently the world's greatest active footballer. That guy plays tomorrow.

Beckerman appreciates your confidence.

BeckermIN?!?!?!?

Back