• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Group G Discussion (GER, GHA, POR, USA)

Moar twitter metrics.

4PGpEGp.png

Somebody behind me at Small Batch yesterday called the ref a nazi when he collided with Jones.

Last edited:
That Philip Lahm has no positional sense what-so-ever! He only runs because he has to keep recovering!

Just going off a three game sample. He was billed as our best player and I've seen one good half and brain farts at critical times. I'll admit he was under my microscope in game three after the first two disasters. Maybe he is playing out of position?

Just going off a three game sample. He was billed as our best player and I've seen one good half and brain farts at critical times. I'll admit he was under my microscope in game three after the first two disasters. Maybe he is playing out of position?

He has been far below what he is capable of, no doubt about that, but he has still done a decent job. 85% passing rate, a few winning tackles and interceptions each game, but what is hurting us the most is his first touch is really letting him down and that leads to dangerous turnovers.

Also, do we not have a better corner taker than Zusi?

resisting the temptation to go full soccer nerd here

bradley hasn't had a fantastic world cup, and part of that comes with the expectations we put on him

he's typically great running with the ball, in distribution, and in winning tackles/getting stuck in/creating space and chances

he hasn't been great with the ball mostly because his first touch has been absolutely terrible, and he's given up possession too much

he also seems to be miscommunicating with teammates on runs, something he is characteristically great at

i'm not gonna fully apologize for him because he has been kinda shit, but the comments about running being him out of position doesn't make sense; his role is to wander

and zusi took two bad corners that i'm willing to chalk up to conditions in recife; he has been fantastic at set pieces for the US

he had like 40 assists from corner or something ridiculous like that when he was at maryland

Some of the USA peeps in Munich for the game watch, we had a really strong group there. (I'm not in this photo, though the onesey was strong work for the guy wearing it)

y8atydyg.jpg

Back