• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World Cup Knockout Rounds Thread (USMNT THREAD!) (nwt)

Vamos Ticos

Greensboro area Deacs might know Marco Sunol. He played at GDS and is at Carolina now. Called into Costa Rica U20 camp. There this week. He's a good family friend and great kid. Another reason to root for the Ticos!

wait why would we cheer for a tarheel

klinsmannwooo_medium.gif

A rumor that Kompany is hurt and might not be able to play against us.

Men in Blazers
‏@MenInBlazers
Spotted from GFOP @ECsoccer24. Newspaper headline from 1930. Time for history to repeat itself. #WARPIG

BrF_L3oIUAAEStu.jpg

help me pick for fantasy. only thing that matters is the next game (can transfer again before QF). pick 3 strikers out of neymar, mueller, messi, benzema, robben. or i could try to find some better value options like campbell for the ticos but i'm leaning toward just spending all my striker dollars on 3 big names.

help me pick for fantasy. only thing that matters is the next game (can transfer again before QF). pick 3 strikers out of neymar, mueller, messi, benzema, robben. or i could try to find some better value options like campbell for the ticos but i'm leaning toward just spending all my striker dollars on 3 big names.

OHHHH ROBIN VAN PERSIE.

Is that 2 broken noses, neither drew a foul?

To be fair, the second was broken in the collision with Bedoya. I'm all for holding Germans responsible for their misdeeds, but on this they're in the clear.

Anthony Vanden Borre out of the WC with a broken leg. He was a reserve who likely wouldn't have played against the US, but their back line depth is getting extremely thin. Kompany is a doubt, Vermaellen twisted a knee against Russia, Laurent Ciman, another reserve defender, apparently has an injury and now Vanden Borre is out. They'll start with a strong back 4 even if Kompany can't play but any sort of injury and it could get dicey for them.

http://www.espnfc.com/belgium/story/1918032/belgium-defender-anthony-vanden-borre-out-of-world-cup-with-broken-leg

Back