• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Worst Parent of 2015

And BTW, the only person worse than ELC is the teacher who told the kid to take off his jacket. $20 bucks it was the social studies teacher/assistant wrestling coach.

People still wear varsity letters? The only people at my HS who did it were the band peeps.

What? You think the mom isn't a terrible person for trying to make her special needs kid's life a little more "normal" and enjoyable?

What kind of un-American pansy are you?

she is a cunt no doubt.

I won a state championship in a REAL sport and never wore a jacket or letter thing. I think the band peeps did not sure maybe that was their uniform.

No problem with logic and reading comprehension. You're a fucking idiot for #2. That's all there is to it

Shocking that your drama queen self would not see anything remotely wrong with turning a personal affront into a local news issue rather than just, oh I don't know, dealing with it like a normal person would. But making a federal case out of stupid shit seems normal these days-- particularly for the current generation-- so I guess I'm the one who is out of touch.

Oh, I just wasn't impressed by your four varsity letters.

Nobody asked you to be. What I said was they meant something to me in high school because I worked hard for them. God forbid that one have pride as a teenager in reaping some benefit from hard work. Again, reading comprehension fail. Wipe the spunk out of your eye next time, bukake king.

hey elc, a parent of a child with special needs doesn't get to deal with "normal" situations like a "normal" person. how is it possible you don't understand this. are you seriously that shitty of a person?

Nobody asked you to be. What I said was they meant something to me in high school because I worked hard for them. God forbid that one have pride as a teenager in reaping some benefit from hard work. Again, reading comprehension fail. Wipe the spunk out of your eye next time, bukake king.

Which is all this guy is looking for...no?

:noidea:

I don't see anything remotely wrong with this kid's parent buying him a letter jacket for participating in an extra-curricular activity, despite the fact that other students had "earned" (seriously?) the letter in other ways.

I also don't see anything wrong with her going to the local news after the other parent and the school did what they did. They deserve to be publicly shamed for this.

I don't see anything remotely wrong with this kid's parent buying him a letter jacket for participating in an extra-curricular activity, despite the fact that other students had "earned" (seriously?) the letter in other ways.

I also don't see anything wrong with her going to the local news after the other parent and the school did what they did. They deserve to be publicly shamed for this.

What if some JV flunky showed up in a letter jacket? The idea of lettering in a sport isn't something new. I admit that I west to HS quite some time ago and things have probably changed somewhat, but when I was in school it was an accepted fact that you didn't wear a letter jacket if you hadn't received a letter in a varsity sport. I guess they were available for band too. Now the Millennial's parents probably bent the rules so far that some of you don't have any concept of that, but if some sophomore douche showed up at school in a letter jacket in the mid-80's, he probably would have gotten swirlied and tossed in a garbage can.

What if some JV flunky showed up in a letter jacket? The idea of lettering in a sport isn't something new.

That's grouns for a swirlie. When he's on varsity, he'll thank you.

It's 2015 people. Only certified TAB know-nothing rubes wear letter jackets. And to deny a special needs kids the same lame privilege is fucking pathetic.

It's 2015 people. Only certified TAB know-nothing rubes wear letter jackets. And to deny a special needs kids the same lame privilege is fucking pathetic.

The day you graduate, that letter means nothing. It's not going to get you a job, or a scholarship. I have no idea where my letters from high school are. I haven't thought about them until I read this story. They are probably in a box, still in the plastic they came in and that was 10 plus years ago. Anyone that has a problem with him wearing a letter jacket needs to get a life. Or put on their jacket and remember the glory days to make themselves feel better.

The day you graduate, that letter means nothing. It's not going to get you a job, or a scholarship. I have no idea where my letters from high school are. I haven't thought about them until I read this story. They are probably in a box, still in the plastic they came in and that was 10 plus years ago. Anyone that has a problem with him wearing a letter jacket needs to get a life. Or put on their jacket and remember the glory days to make themselves feel better.

Wow- you are really cool. That's awesome, how you didn't even care enough to take them out of the wrappers. You still probably listen to shit like the Avett Brothers instead of Metallica.

Wow- you are really cool. That's awesome, how you didn't even care enough to take them out of the wrappers. You still probably listen to shit like the Avett Brothers instead of Metallica.

You've got that right! Mignonette is my favorite album!

Back