• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Worst replay call ever?

This new replay rule where you can review a play anytime after the fact may actually work out for us. What's that ref? You overturned those fumble calls in the 2007 orange bowl and Wake won. Cool. You changed some calls from last week and we are going to the acccg? Awesome. Long live the new replay rule!

Yeah, the 2 fumbles we had can now somehow be considered incompletions.

I didn't see the Toledo kick where the replay ref said the kick was no good when it happened. That said, the "incomplete pass" call tonite was the worst I've ever seen live.

I legitimately want to know how the Givens play was reviewed. There was no whistle at all, and a play was run after the fact, yet it was still reviewed...

How were the field guys incompetent today?

Just go back through the game thread - there a plenty of examples. The pass interference on Wilbur (? I think) and no PI on Givens in the endzone are two really bad ones off the top of my head.

How were the field guys incompetent today?

That missed PI in the end zone on givens was pretty terrible. As was the PI call on Wilbur. They weren't as bad as the replay guys, who I won't even comment on, but they definitely had no idea how to make consistent calls on pass interference (that goes both ways there were a couple plays on us that were iffy no calls)

I legitimately want to know how the Givens play was reviewed. There was no whistle at all, and a play was run after the fact, yet it was still reviewed...

I think the official ruling is the replay booth 'signaled' they wanted a review before the play???? Which is absurd, the teams have no idea when the hell the signal comes in, nobody regulates this 'signal', we're basically just being forced to eat the will of the refs, not fair to any team that gets screwed like that. If you can't blow the whistle in time to stop the play then there's no review.

What I'd like to know is if they had kept it a catch, what would they have said about the fumble recovery. It looked to me like while his heel may have been hovering over the line, the ball of his foot was completely in the field of play. Seems to me that part of your foot would have to actually touch the line to be considered OB.

I didn't see the Toledo kick where the replay ref said the kick was no good when it happened. That said, the "incomplete pass" call tonite was the worst I've ever seen live.

At least it's one of the possible outcomes. Reviewing after the next play starts is completely against the rules.

At least it's one of the possible outcomes. Reviewing after the next play starts is completely against the rules.

This was the one that baffled me the most. The refs themselves blatantly broke the rules. Someone has to be held accountable.

and then just after that, the ref was so disheveled he couldn't remember the signal for illegal forward pass...

had I been the head coach after that 2nd review debacle, I think I would have completely lost my shit and strangled at least one of the refs. kudos to Grobe for not getting charged with assault and battery!!!

There's a lot of talk by the announcers of the FSU/UVA game about how poor the refs have been and how the complaints should be filed.

ACC refs have become a complete joke. Does the conference not pay enough to get competent refs, or is the head of officials just a complete failure?

They need to do away with conference officials and have it all sanctioned by the NCAA, it would standardize the training/accountability/quality control of the system and allow for more effective review/management of situations like this. We will all still say the refs suck balls anyway but it would have to be better than it is now.

They need to do away with conference officials and have it all sanctioned by the NCAA, it would standardize the training/accountability/quality control of the system and allow for more effective review/management of situations like this. We will all still say the refs suck balls anyway but it would have to be better than it is now.

Seems like a lot of work for the 2 years the NCAA will be involved with football.

I assumed (INCORRECTLY) that once the ACC fucked over Wake Forest (Clemson replay debacle) and gotten their beloved Clemson / Va Tech ACCCG match-up, they would leave us alone today.

Wow. My bad. Today's officiating performance took cluster-fuck to a whole new level!!

That was just horrible. I had to bite my toungue today because a 5 year old kid was sitting right in front of me... that hurt.

I assumed (INCORRECTLY) that once the ACC fucked over Wake Forest (Clemson replay debacle) and gotten their beloved Clemson / Va Tech ACCCG match-up, they would leave us alone today.

Wow. My bad. Today's officiating performance took cluster-fuck to a whole new level!!

You would think they would want Wake to get bowl eligible. My theory is that the league told the refs to help Wake get eligible, and the moronic refs got the teams confused.

I really don't think there is a conspiracy. As impossible as it may seem at times, I think the ACC refs just actually just suck THAT BAD.

Back