• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Worst replay call ever?

There can't be a merit-based review process. If there is, there is no evidence of it.

What made that review so infuriating is that last week at Clemson the ACC replay refs have a clear view that the receiver stepped out before making the TD catch and they decide to leave it unreversed - now fast forward a week later and the call on the field is a fumble and on the replay it is clear that the catch is made, the receiver turns and takes steps forward and what do they do? - now WITHOUT ANY evidence they instead reverse it? maybe just maybe as the thread title says - the worst replay call ever - definitely in the top 10

I really don't think there is a conspiracy. As impossible as it may seem at times, I think the ACC refs just actually just suck THAT BAD.

I didn't believe in a conspiracy , either...but then I watched the holes and the chokies.

That sealed the deal for me.

I believe.

What made that review so infuriating is that last week at Clemson the ACC replay refs have a clear view that the receiver stepped out before making the TD catch and they decide to leave it unreversed - now fast forward a week later and the call on the field is a fumble and on the replay it is clear that the catch is made, the receiver turns and takes steps forward and what do they do? - now WITHOUT ANY evidence they instead reverse it? maybe just maybe as the thread title says - the worst replay call ever - definitely in the top 10

I love the way the TV replay showed the CU kid with a foot out of bounds and then he comes back in to catch the TD - once and only once. Then they were like "nope, not showing THAT again." Or even mentioning it.

The past 2 weeks probably 5-6 of the worst officiating calls ever. Then you get UVA/FSU and the announcers are going off. Talk about how Nigel Bradham was tossed last week for a LEGAL hit.

You also have Duke/GT today where the GT kid clearly had a knee down prior to extending the ball for the TD on the last play of the first half. Important? Well, that was the difference in the final score - 1 TD.

You've also got George Bryan out of bounds PRIOR to crossing the goal line and they count the TD...did not matter since NCS killed Clemson...but they still BLEW the replay today.

Incredible incompetence lately.

Don't forget the spotting of the ball - just horrendous all season. They are missing some spots by 1-2 yards...like Josh Harris' run versus FSU or the Vandy and UT spots they've only blown 2-3 already in this game. I mean blown by like 1-2 yards like the kid's butt hits on the 3 yard line on the sack and they spot the ball on the 5.

Just so bad right now. Unreal in almost every game.

Is it that the ACC just doesn't pay enough to get competent refs?

Seriously...if the ACC doesn't sanction those officials, something's very wrong

I assumed the head official would eventually take the ball and run down the field streaking (i.e. Arizona/UCLA game). There is no way to take this bunch seriously.

If the clowns we had tonight cash their check on Monday morning, they should be charged with a crime.

How 'bout when the Duke punt returner signaled for a fair catch and then ran with the ball, and the refs made no call?!

Too many obvious reffing errors this year.

i said it after the ridiculous non-overturn against clemson and i'll say it again now. the acc issued a statement after a ref accidentally moved the ball 3 inches. when do we get some acknowledgement for the screw jobs we've seen?

So there never was any kind of acknowledgement of the screw-up with the Clemson replay, was there?

Vandy has an argument. No whistle indeed. Not saying they deserved to win but the game was ended on the premise that there was no whistle when there clearly was.

Vandy has an argument. No whistle indeed. Not saying they deserved to win but the game was ended on the premise that there was no whistle when there clearly was.

So you're saying that even if we have SEC officials next week, they are still going to suck ass?

Seriously, as I said on the other games thread, no one from Vandy was catching that guy, but the whistle absolutely blew. To just say it didn't and then review the play is rewriting history.

Rules Question:
Does the coach throwing the challenge have to specify what aspect of the play is being challenged; in this case, did Edsall ask a review of whether or not it was a catch & fumble? I'm assuming he was seeking a review of whether or not we recovered in bounds, then sees the replay on the Jumbo and thinks "damn, that's Wake's ball" ,and then was as shocked as the rest of us when the review turns out to be for something he wasn't even questioning.

So there never was any kind of acknowledgement of the screw-up with the Clemson replay, was there?

I tried calling into the JG show on Thursday to ask about the illegal touching play and my call was not put through before the show ended.

I called about 10-15 minutes before the show ended, held for at least ten and then I hung up when I realized the show was ending.

Next time, I will lie about the nature of my call.

Wait - they are reviewing a play AFTER we ran a play? What the fuck!!! This is a complete joke!

didn't understand that. Thought that was the whole point of hurrying up to the line and getting a play off before they review it.

Honestly, EVERY SINGLE ONE of these assholes need to be fired at the end of the season and just start over.

I think it was a drop, but Jimbo deserves to lose for making that call.

Back