• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Worst Senior Day Crowd Ever?

Our attendance is pretty good given the size of our fanbase. Easier said than done, but I don’t think we’ve done much at trying to grow our local fanbase or trying to differentiate the gameday experience in an entertaining way.

Really tough to balance short and long term given financial constraints though. (it would probably have required something like a resource intensive ten-year plan, and I think we’ve smartly funneled that money into facilities).

It is also true that we’ve spread our resources thin across a lot of sports, and tough to complain about that given the success we’ve seen.
Deactown? WS skyline in logos? Curry has done tons to get attendance up

We need a much smaller on campus arena for football!
if they replaced the aluminum benches with all stadium seating, it would drop capacity to somewhere around 30,000 depending on configuration; we'd sell out more, and the stadium optics would actually reflect the seats sold. . . .

either way, I was also disappointed with the crowd. What the recent/casual WF football fan fails to understand, is what most decades of seasons of WF football have actually been like. Although we missed on a lot of opportunities this year, we are still having a nice year. I wanted so much more, and it was within our grasp, but if we finish regular season at 8-4, (9-4 with a bowl win,) our pitiful crowds seem even more disappointing. but again, as a WF football fan for 40 yrs, i've witnessed more pitiful crowds than Id like to admit.

My family and our 5 tickets were there as always, and stayed til the end, had a blast!. . . . "cold" weather in the 40s, is a joke of an excuse.

Student section was pretty good, home side was decent, but this discussion about crowd size is as old as WF football itself. however, stadium seating throughout would be nice! (y)

Last edited:
Deactown? WS skyline in logos? Curry has done tons to get attendance up

We've done some smart things to get us up to par and invested in a lot of "low effort, low impact" type things that I'm happy we are doing. I actually do think Deactown has been a really positive rebrand.

But we aren't going to truly expand our fanbase with tweaks and small changes -- it would require a huge amount of investment, focus and long-term thinking. I'm not blaming anyone, I think it's been smart to funnel our focus on getting facilities to where they are.

315533540_464580492480177_8772002073297565585_n.jpg

Not sure at what point in the game this was from, but a shot from the A&M v. UMass game.

8pm kick offs are a massive problem especially for Wake. One time is ok for a big game but back to back is a problem. Also the game times not being known until the week before, and two night minimum for hotel rooms….the entire thing turns out to be a major ordeal.

Back