• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Worst Team in ACC History? Wake 2012 might challenge Wake 2011

After this year, which team will be remembered as worst in ACC history?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As great of a job as Donohue seems to be doing with BC, is there any doubt now that Seth Greenberg is horrible by the same amount?

Good lord, Virginia Tech. If they lose this one, they'll be a race with us to see the cellar of the ACC.

I imagine Greenberg gets fired, too.

Currently our average ACC margin is 14.2 PPG. Last year it was 18.3 PPG.

So looks like our title from last year is pretty safe.

Currently our average ACC margin is 14.2 PPG. Last year it was 18.3 PPG.

So looks like our title from last year is pretty safe.

True, but that ignores the decline in the ACC this year. Our point differential besides the BC game is -16.1.

So, to recap, contenders for worst ACC team of the modern era (post 1985):
2011 Wake: 8-24 (1-15) 251 Ken Pom
2012 Wake (proj.): 12-19 (3-13) 212 Ken Pom

Boston College is no longer in the discussion at this point.

True. Our ACC schedule is probably a little easier this year too since for h-hs we traded Maryland for BC, Virginia Tech for Clemson, and Florida State for Duke.

Last year our conference opponents averaged a rank of 52, and we were outscored by 18 PPG.
This year our conference opponents average a rank of 71, and we are being outscored by 13 PPG.

Improvement?

Boston College is no longer in the discussion at this point.

I think BC is still in the discussion rank-wise especially if they lose out. That being said it's difficult for them to be the worst team ever since they beat FSU IMO.

I think BC is still in the discussion rank-wise especially if they lose out. That being said it's difficult for them to be the worst team ever since they beat FSU IMO.

if we lose out, we are definitely 2 out of the top 5 loosers ever

Back