• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Worst Team in ACC History? Wake 2012 might challenge Wake 2011

After this year, which team will be remembered as worst in ACC history?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's possible. We might look back and say that BC caught Clemson and VT at the perfect time though. Both look awful right now.

Regardless, epic jinx on my part.

Yeah, and he definitely caught a major break with Green being out. With him in there, BC likely loses that game. But even taking the result out of consideration, their offense and defensive effort look light years better than ours last year. I have no idea how they lost so many embarrassing OOC games.

Donahue's just a much better game coach than Bzdoofus. His recruiting stinks, and he may never build a winner up there, but he's designed a nice offensive system, instills discipline, and gets his kids to play hard on defense.

Yep, this. I think the kids believe in the system too

They lost so many embarrassing OOC games because they were terrible at the beginning of the season, but they are improving.

Donahue's just a much better game coach than Bzdoofus. His recruiting stinks, and he may never build a winner up there, but he's designed a nice offensive system, instills discipline, and gets his kids to play hard on defense.

Why do you say his recruiting stinks?

so what happens if we finish behind BC in the ACC standings? I'll feel like a pretty big asshole.

Anybody else going to the BC / Wake game on Saturday? I feel like it's going to be a great game. Seriously.

so what happens if we finish behind BC in the ACC standings? I'll feel like a pretty big asshole.

[Redacted] should be fired. I'm dead serious. The only way this could really happen is for us to finish last since BC won't have more than 4 conference wins. Wake is better in nearly every single way than Boston College statistically and player-wise. BC is absolutely awful even with two conference wins. If we finish last again in this ACC, Bzz can't be fired fast enough.

Anybody else going to the BC / Wake game on Saturday? I feel like it's going to be a great game. Seriously.

Yea, this is the next question for the board historians.

Is BC-Wake the worst game in ACC history?

It's easily the worst in KenPom history, which dates back to 2002.

[Redacted] should be fired. I'm dead serious. The only way this could really happen is for us to finish last since BC won't have more than 4 conference wins. Wake is better in nearly every single way than Boston College statistically and player-wise. BC is absolutely awful even with two conference wins. If we finish last again in this ACC, Bzz can't be fired fast enough.

So if we lose to BC this saturday....

The Wade - Staak "battles" have to be given consideration, but "the worst"? Probably not, given that those teams at least had a terrific player each (Muggsy and Derrick Lewis). They were 2 teams though that, for a couple of years, could only get wins against each other in a very very strong conference.

Boston College might be bringing the discussion back into play. Miami closed on a 29-6 run yesterday to win at BC 76-54. BC made one field goal in the final 12:30. Through 7 conference games, they are being outscored by 12.5 PPG. They're currently on a 4 game losing streak, with each loss by 14 or more.

KenPom is now projecting them to finish 8-23 (I'm assuming a first rd loss in the ACCT), and their overall rank is down to 272 (last year we were 251, fwiw).

It's really tough to see a team this bad win a conference road game, although I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them winning at the Joel. They have 4 home games left, 2 of which are against Duke and Florida St.

Their two easiest remaining games are @ Wake and home for Georgia Tech, which are back-to-back in late February. Decent chance they go into those two games at 2-11 in conference play.

Last edited:
We may need to add 2012 Deacs as an option here soon.

Yikes I really jinxed this one hard. I'll update the thread title when I'm not on my phone

Just a quick bump for BC leading on the road at halftime.

Back