• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Would you rather have Shaka or Gregg?

Would you rather have Shaka Smart or Gregg Marshall as the next HC of Wake Forest?

• Total voters
If WF gets Marshall or Smart, the past 4 years suddenly look a lot different in the rear-view mirror.

RW needs a grand slam here to salvage anything that's left of his own legacy. While I'll never believe that the bz-aster was part of some grand-plan leading to this hire, I'd be willing to let the sunshine brigade sound any trumpets they wanted to for a while.

Shaka is WF, for what it's worth. He carries himself like Caldwell, communicates like Prosser, and coaches like (well...) somebody that WF has needed for a while.
So true.

I know some will say never forget and Wellman needs to go. He probably does. But, let's be serious. If he get's one of them to come here, people are going to forget the BuzzError real quick and the "In Wellman I Trust" lines will be back. The status of Wake as a basketball program will be immediately elevated.

If WF gets Marshall or Smart, the past 4 years suddenly look a lot different in the rear-view mirror.

RW needs a grand slam here to salvage anything that's left of his own legacy. While I'll never believe that the bz-aster was part of some grand-plan leading to this hire, I'd be willing to let the sunshine brigade sound any trumpets they wanted to for a while.

Shaka is WF, for what it's worth. He carries himself like Caldwell, communicates like Prosser, and coaches like (well...) somebody that WF has needed for a while.

Buzz who? Wellman, if you hire shaka, I'm going to be as forgetful as a drunk on Sunday.

I thought you said it was impossible to get Shaka earlier?

Back