• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Yahoo NFL Survival Pool

Without looking I think I've used Seattle, Denver, Indy, New England, Green Bay and Atlanta. I'm not sure who the other one was.

I'll probably use KC this week.

Looks like there are only 17 of us still standing. Anybody not taking Frisco or Nawleans?

Last edited:
I took SF this week. Almost took KC but backed out at the last second. Wish I'd taken Carolina...thought about it.

Looks like there are only 17 of us still standing. Anybody not taking Frisco or Nawleans?

17 left in ours. Took New Orleans. Most others either had them, SF, Cincy or KC. Nobody eliminated this week.

I'm not in the offical WF version of this but I'm still alive in the Yahoo general league.

Debating vs Cowboys, Patriots and Saints.

Panthers v. Bucs
Packers v. Vikings
49ers v. Jaguars
Chiefs v. Browns
Saints v. Bills

Panthers, Packers, and 49ers are at least on the road, Chiefs and Saints at home should be easy money.

Could have taken any of these five. Wish I had gone KC in hindsight to save San Fran. I like Dallas at home this week against the Vikings and then the Packers in two weeks at home against the Eagles. I'm thinking I'll stay away from the Jax v. Titans game this time around and pull for the upset. Or maybe I should do that the other way and take the Titans at home instead of the Packers.

It's a weird year because there are a handful of god awful teams. The Jaguars have a bye this week though so at least it's more interesting.

Last week on Yahoo, 99% of remaining participants advanced. That's an absurd number.

I noticed that too. Even with 76% taking the same 2 teams, that is still a very high percentage. Dallas is catching better than 63% of the picks so far for this week. I'm going with them as well. It'll be my luck that Jared Allen has the game of his life and AP rushes for 200 yards and Dallas manages to piss away the game at the end. Hmmm, yeah, I'd be ok with that. :)

I detest the Cowboys but had to pick them.

The money survival pool at my local bar has gone from 350 to 118. Last week only one or two lost. Of course in this pool you can take the same team every week if you want.

How would anybody lose? Jacksonville is very VERY likely to go winless. They may be able to sneak a win against say, Tennessee, but with Tampa available too you should be able to make it through the year pretty easily just picking against those two teams.

How would anybody lose? Jacksonville is very VERY likely to go winless. They may be able to sneak a win against say, Tennessee, but with Tampa available too you should be able to make it through the year pretty easily just picking against those two teams.

But if you stick with picking solely against these two teams its likely to get harder as the year goes on because you're likely to have used more and more of their opponents already.

But if you stick with picking solely against these two teams its likely to get harder as the year goes on because you're likely to have used more and more of their opponents already.

That would only happen in four weeks. HOWEVA there was this key statement in rj's post:
"Of course in this pool you can take the same team every week if you want. "

That would only happen in four weeks. HOWEVA there was this key statement in rj's post:
"Of course in this pool you can take the same team every week if you want. "

Oh ok, I was thinking about our group in Yahoo.

Well, the Yahoo! format runs through the league championship games, so unless you're holding onto Denver/Seattle/SF/etc. (I'm not trying to pick the contestants here), everyone will lose eventually.

When I first noticed it, I thought about trying to hold onto playoff bound teams for later. That required more thought than I'm capable of . . .

That's what they said last year when 330+ out of 345 picked the 17 point favorite Pats at home vs. Cards....almost the entire pool was wiped out in one week.

The Cardinals are nowhere near as bad as the Bucs or the Jaguars. The Bucs COULD upset the Saints the second time the play if they play the best game of the year. The Jags have no shot to beat anybody remotely good.

Thus far over 230 people are out and about 100 are out of the consolation pool.

Back