• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your first albums/cds

First CD was either Wallflowers Bringing Down the Horse or Green Day Nimrod

As for tape, not sure? Maybe Dookie, Ten or Nevermind

Queen live at wembley 86. On tape. First cd was Led Zeppelin IV

I remember dookie, no doubt, boyz II men, and seal at least around the same time as queen.

First CD was either Wallflowers Bringing Down the Horse or Green Day Nimrod

As for tape, not sure? Maybe Dookie, Ten or Nevermind
I got all of those from Columbia House for a penny!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

mom's Beatles and Johnny Mathis and Streisand records as a young tyke, then I went and bought:

Rod Stewart - Foot Loose and Fancy Free

various KISS from the mid to late 70s

Blue Oyster Cult - Extra Terrestrial Live

Bowie - Young Americans

Sex Pistols - Bullocks

Cheech and Chong various

Christopher Cross..God I am humiliated.

You are not alone. 9 year old me was pretty stoked to get Christopher Cross's Sailing and Chipmunk Punk on vinyl at a neighborhood store in LA. Somewhat redeemed myself by making Glass Houses my first decent purchase.

First CD was Elton John Captain Fantastic circa 1987...Scottie's Records, Summit NJ

I'd guess it was a Supremes or Temptations album, but we mostly bought singles until HS. As a little kid, we'd get singles and "LPs' from my uncle by people like Chubby Checker, Bobby Rydell, The Orlons.

I think it was an Elton John album in the 70s. In retrospect, Chris68 had better taste than I did as a kid, though Sir Elton isn't that bad. I am not worthy, Chris.

I got these two albums one Christmas

51QGZR0C3TL._SX300_.jpg

81pg1OhYnYL._SX355_.jpg

All of you youngsters, except for rj! First album I ever bought was called The Turning Point by John Mayall. Still fabulous!

Second was Electric Ladyland. Still a masterpiece!

This was my first CD too. My first album wasn't an LP, but a 45 of the Thriller single (don't remember what the B side was). That was actually the first thing I remember buying at the store with my own (piggy bank) money.

felt pretty cool in middle school cranking up that one line in "Bad Habit" while in my room

After Dookie, which I wore out the cassette for, I got CDs of:

What's the Story Morning Glory
Urban Hymns
Whatever and Ever Amen
Pop

I didn't ask for any of them. First album I asked for was Jars of Clay. The first one I really liked was Tonic - Lemon Parade.

Back