• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your Level of Buzz/Bzz Out

I will...

• Do nothing

Votes: 34 22.7%
  • Post angrily on message boards or comment sections

Votes: 65 43.3%
  • Write a letter to Wellman/Hatch

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • Sign a petition

Votes: 56 37.3%
  • Donate money to collectively send a Bzzout message (ex. billboard)

Votes: 28 18.7%
  • Withold money/participation from the university (donations/tickets)

Votes: 71 47.3%
  • Boo or heckle [Redacted] at games

Votes: 49 32.7%
  • Boo or heckle [Redacted] on sight regardless of situation

Votes: 24 16.0%
  • Jeff [Redacted] I will find you and kill you

Votes: 12 8.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 12 8.0%

• Total voters

demondeacfreak

Reaction score
Thanks to the poll function, we can say with some certainty that the vast majority of this board would prefer for Jeff [Redacted] to cease being the head basketball coach at Wake Forest. However, the results of the billboard poll show that roughly half the board is in favor of some kind of billboard while the other half is not.

This poll is about figuring out just how strong the anti-[Redacted] sentiment is out there.

Last edited:
I felt like Dino was fired a year too early... so why not let Bz suck again and then we will be completely justified in giving him a chance?

I put other... I'll kill myself in honor of him killing the WFU basketball program.

71756.jpg

I will... pull for the team to succeed. This is predicated on my belief that he'll be gone anyway after this coming year (or the next) and that we'll have set up a better coach with better job prospects. We didn't ruin Bzz's career (I mean, it's about over and he could probably jump back to the NBA if he wanted) but we would have killed Groce's/Shaka's etc. I have a feeling this has been the plan all along. If he leaves relatively soon and we hire someone we're pleased with, I'll thank him for taking the bullet and wish him well. In the event he's here any longer than that and I'll be pissed. Until then, go Deacs.

Then again, I might be in denial.

I will... pull for the team to succeed. This is predicated on my belief that he'll be gone anyway after this coming year (or the next) and that we'll have set up a better coach with better job prospects. We didn't ruin Bzz's career (I mean, it's about over and he could probably jump back to the NBA if he wanted) but we would have killed Groce's/Shaka's etc. I have a feeling this has been the plan all along. If he leaves relatively soon and we hire someone we're pleased with, I'll thank him for taking the bullet and wish him well. In the event he's here any longer than that and I'll be pissed. Until then, go Deacs.

Then again, I might be in denial.

This is correct.

A 2 year stretch is not going to kill a 30 year old's career, nevermind that it's likely both Groce and Smart would have done a better job. [Redacted]'s career was already over before we inexplicably revived it. He was never supposed to be a bridge coach because when he was hired there was no hint of a ravine.

People are deluding themselves if they think [Redacted] was hired to come in, clean up the program and leave.

Why would he have signed on for a mission where in the end he gets no credit? That would be stupid.

Say it out loud and realize how ridiculous it sounds.

All toilets and urinals are nicknamed Buzz prior to use.

Now there is an interesting idea. Someone could have a lot of those little rubber mat-type things that go in the urinals to prevent splashing, and have Buzz printed on them. At least that would ease some of the frustration having to watch him on the sidelines for another year.

I can't believe how many "fans" we have who aren't willing to do much of anything to influence a change. I guess we really did get what we deserve...

Listen pal, I'm fucking posting angrily on a damn message board.

Now there is an interesting idea. Someone could have a lot of those little rubber mat-type things that go in the urinals to prevent splashing, and have Buzz printed on them. At least that would ease some of the frustration having to watch him on the sidelines for another year.

I always said I could make a fortune with the urinal screens if I could get the schools to allow me to use their logos. I couldn't keep UNC's in stock! GTHC

People are deluding themselves if they think [Redacted] was hired to come in, clean up the program and leave.

Why would he have signed on for a mission where in the end he gets no credit? That would be stupid.

Say it out loud and realize how ridiculous it sounds.

Money, favor for his "buddy" Ron, whatever. Why would anyone have taken this job? I'm just glad someone did. Now get the recruits in, let him coach them a year, and hire someone to lead us forward.

It pays 7 figures or damn close to it. A lot of people would take the job. The team was coming off of an NCAA appearance and had a top 15 recruiting class coming in. Woods hadn't left in April and Chennault's foot wasn't broken back then. Ippity, you are guilty of some serious and seriously dumb revionist history, though I think you already know that I vehemently disagree with you on everything pertaining to [Redacted] and WFU hoops since April 2010

Money, favor for his "buddy" Ron, whatever. Why would anyone have taken this job? I'm just glad someone did. Now get the recruits in, let him coach them a year, and hire someone to lead us forward.

Consistent post-season participant, 3 players in the rotation from an NCAA 2nd round team, borderline top 10 recruiting class.

All of the discussion of what a disaster the program was has been post-hoc rationalization.

A job in the ACC? That was coming off consecutive 20 win seasons and consecutive NCAA appearances? That had CJ Harris (ACC All-Freshman); Ari Stewart (7.5 points and 3.2 rebounds per game in 17 minutes as a Freshman) and sophmore Tony Woods returning along with a 5 man recruiting class that ESPN ranked 12th in the nation (with 4 ESPNU top 100 players)?

Its amazing we got anyone to take the job at all.

It pays 7 figures or damn close to it. A lot of people would take the job. The team was coming off of an NCAA appearance and had a top 15 recruiting class coming in. Woods hadn't left in April and Chennault's foot wasn't broken back then. Ippity, you are guilty of some serious and seriously dumb revionist history, though I think you already know that I vehemently disagree with you on everything pertaining to [Redacted] and WFU hoops since April 2010

No worries bro. Although I suspect whoever was brought in was done so under Ron's instruction that things had to change (I should have mentioned that before) and I don't imagine everyone would want that responsibility. I think "culture change" was a real directive. I don't claim to like the guy or even that he's a decent coach but if this situation turns out to have been one where Bz does Ron's dirty work and we can hand the reigns to someone much better in a year, then great.

Just my opinion though. Feel free to keep rioting. Go wild.

Back